Team Strategy Ideas

Options
Meowler
Meowler Posts: 115 Member
Have you got an idea or tip that you'd like to share with the team? Any suggestions are welcome as to how we can maximize our efforts as a group.

Perhaps we can work on an exercise to bring us closer together as a team? We could take a vote on an accessible activity (e.g. Zumba) we all agree to and aim to do 'x' minutes each day on top of our usual exercise.

Should we challenge ourselves to minimum amount of exercise per day? I think we should discuss what we are personally capable of or would like to work towards. We could pair/group up according to what we want to achieve and encourage members in the same band (e.g. 40/60/80/100 minutes).

These are just a couple of suggestions and I do not want to put pressure on to anyone. It's important that we have fun but it may be worth working together on a strategy. Any thoughts are welcome. :)

Replies

• tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of setting a goal. I try to get 30 minutes every day and fail but since joining this group, I've decided to stretch it and add 30 minutes for a total of 60 minutes of exercise each day. So, I've been making sure I wear my fitbit and walking everywhere extra. I want to challenge myself to get up and complete a workout dvd before work, but my 1 year old was having a rough night with an upset tummy and I got very little sleep last night. :( I feel like a zombie today. But, I'm still determined to get my walk in this evening after work.
    Let me know if anyone wants to team up. I could use a partner or someone willing to enter my minutes on the spreadsheet for me since I won't have access to a computer or the spreadsheet while I'm on vacation starting this Friday evening through next Saturday. I'd appreciate any help with this!
    Thanks Team, Charity
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    During the work week, I'm pretty limited to 45-75 min of exercise in the mornings. I only get about 3 hours with the family in the evening, so is hard to add more time in then. I have a little more flexibility on the weekends. I'm open to participating as much as I can, but those are my limitations. I have been running every other day (in week 9 of the C210K) and do a strength workout on the other work days or cardio on the weekend.
  • Meowler
    Options
    @tyedyechick0930 and @rusgolden, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate most people will have hectic schedules due to work and family commitments through the week.

Perhaps a group activity wouldn't be such a good idea - everyone has their own workout preferences/routine and I realise this would interfere with that.

I'm still positive about the idea of pairing off so we each have a support buddy. By working with band categories (e.g. 40/60/80/100 minutes) we can team up with other members with similar goals and motivate one another. Another benefit is when a person is not able to access the spreadsheet (as mentioned by Charity) and can rely on their partner to support them with this.

Again, it's just an idea and I would be looking for more interest to go ahead.

@tyedyechick0930 In the meantime I'm happy to be your support buddy! I'll take responsibility for your spreadsheet log while you're on vacation. Shall I just refer to your news feed and PM to confirm at the end of each day?
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    @Meowler that would be great if you could enter workout minutes for me starting tomorrow. I'll try to post to my newsfeed or PM you but if you don't see any minutes from me or it looks like I'm lagging please feel free to check on me and keep in line lol. =)
  • Meowler
    Options
    @tyedyechick0930 No problem and will do. Hope you have a lovely vacation. Miami, by any chance? Haha. :)
  • MajorMusic13
    MajorMusic13 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A big thing for me is strengthening my core. So I have been working on planks, side planks, squats, crunches, hollow bodies, Superman's, etc to work on that. An easy challenge to add 7 minutes a week would be to plank a minute a day. (If you can go longer, go longer, if you need to break it up, break it up) it is so good for your core strength and once that is strong it helps everything else.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I took your advice MajorMusic13 and after my run today, I did 10 min of extra stretching and weight bearing exercises including 1 min plank :smiley: