MIA Team Member(s)

Options
Meowler
Meowler Posts: 115 Member
Unfortunately we've had a couple of quiet members in the spreadsheet and forum.

I've attempted to reach out to @fieldnicole184 and @KatKat1209 this week but there has been radio silence. There hasn't been any activity from Nicole but I know Kat has been completing her diary.

I'd like to propose that we report Nicole as MIA and keep Kat another week to see if she's still interested - I will log her exercise on her behalf if there is no response today.

There is nothing pleasant about removing members but the purpose of the challenge is to work as a team and communicate, which we have done well with so far!

I just wanted to confirm that the rest of the team agrees to the decision before I put it forward to MissionEnforcer.

Replies

• KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey Mewled, I didn't receive any notes from you and I just don't update my spreadsheet daily. I did today. As far as I know we're not obliged to fill out daily ... if that's a problem I try to change that...

Besides I find it not that nice to come up with wanting to vote me out after not even one finished week...
  • BirdParrott
    BirdParrott Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    KatKat1209 wrote: »

Besides I find it not that nice to come up with wanting to vote me out after not even one finished week...

She did not want or suggest to vote you out after one week.
    Meowler wrote: »
    I'd like to propose that we report Nicole as MIA and keep Kat another week to see if she's still interested

I did not feel that there was anything "not that nice" in her post. I think without any communication for a few days it is easy for concern to arise. I personally do not believe you need to visit the spreadsheet daily, but communication about M.O.s could help alleviate any misinterpretations.

Hey Meowler! I dig your competitive nature!
  • KatKat1209
    Options
    KatKat1209 wrote: »

She did not want or suggest to vote you out after one week.
    I'd like to propose that we report Nicole as MIA and keep Kat another week to see if she's still interested

I did not feel that there was anything "not that nice" in her post. I think without any communication for a few days it is easy for concern to arise. I personally do not believe you need to visit the spreadsheet daily, but communication about M.O.s could help alleviate any misinterpretations.

Hey Meowler! I dig your competitive nature!

Well maybe vote out is the wrong term - but still I felt called out with this - and the only that I noticed that was directly talking to me was Rus. Anyway I seem to have misunderstood.

But what is M.O. S???
  • BirdParrott
    BirdParrott Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mode of OperationS (M.O.s) - meaning... letting the group know that you are not someone who will communicate or fill stuff out daily, so they don't become concerned when you don't
  • Meowler
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @KatKat1209 I'm terribly sorry for causing offence and didn't mean for my post to come across in such a horrible manner. If you want to complete your form at the end of each week that's perfectly fine - all that was needed was communication to say that this was the case.

I mentioned you on the original group T5 message board but hadn't heard back anything. I appreciate you made an entry on Monday and because of this I didn't want to consider you as MIA, hence why I suggested giving it another week to ensure you're still an active member - which I now understand you are.

Again I'm truly sorry if I've caused you to feel devalued as a member of the team and I want you to know this is not the case. I'm only looking to confirm who is MIA.
  • littlebarry
    littlebarry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree, we need to contact MissionEnforcer to get a replacement for @fieldnicole184. I've been told that if she were to surface later, she couldn be added to the wait-list, if she chooses.
  • KatKat1209
    Options
    @KatKat1209 I'm terribly sorry for causing offence and didn't mean for my post to come across in such a horrible manner. If you want to complete your form at the end of each week that's perfectly fine - all that was needed was communication to say that this was the case.

I mentioned you on the original group T5 message board but hadn't heard back anything. I appreciate you made an entry on Monday and because of this I didn't want to consider you as MIA, hence why I suggested giving it another week to ensure you're still an active member - which I now understand you are.

Again I'm truly sorry if I've caused you to feel devalued as a member of the team and I want you to know this is not the case. I'm only looking to confirm who is MIA.

Hey @Meowler ... well online it's always easy to misunderstand - guess I'm at fault too for interpreting it in the worst way. I apologize for that too!
    And I admit - I should have been more active in the group in general.. I'll try to change that from today on - so let's forget about this.. ah can't remember what to forget already... ;)
  • Meowler
    Options
    Just a heads up to the group that fieldnicole184 has been replaced by @jschmid2. Be sure to make them feel welcome! :)
  • MajorMusic13
    MajorMusic13 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jschmid2 :-D
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing anything on the spreadsheet from @jschmid2, so going to PM her and see if she is still with us. I didn't know if others had already or not and don't want to bombard her, but don't want to wait until the weekend.
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I did send her a welcome message. Some people do like to put in their points at the end of the week ;) remember that guys!
  • rusgolden
    Options
    @jschmid2 messaged me back... said that she was doing a service project and was out for this week but will join us in Boston for the next leg.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I wanted to apologize everyone. Rough week, and I know I let myself down as well as everyone else.
  • rusgolden
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I wanted to apologize everyone. Rough week, and I know I let myself down as well as everyone else.

Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week... we can overcome working together! The past is in the past, just keep looking forward and take it one day at a time. :smile:
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Happy to join you all!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »

Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week... we can overcome working together! The past is in the past, just keep looking forward and take it one day at a time. :smile:

Thank you for this. I'm off to a better start (not great yet, but better!). Thanks again.