January 2016 Moms

enterdanger
enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
Hi. Not sure if anyone else is only a bit pregnant, like me. I had my verifi (cell free DNA) test come back this morning. I am having another boy. My 3 sons. lol. I'm so excited. Boys love their mommies and I feel like I know what I'm doing with boys.

People keep asking if I'm disappointed. I'm not. Yes, a girl would have been nice, but I'm just happy baby is healthy and I don't have to buy anything. Got all my boy stuff still.

Replies

• laurendawnnn
    laurendawnnn Posts: 28 Member
    I'm due Feb 2017 so not far behind you. Due date now is 10th but getting a dating ultrasound next month so I'll know for sure.
  • enterdanger
    Is that during your first trimester screen? I have that on July 6th. But I know exactly when the magic happened cause when you already have 2 kids you don't have that many chances at it. Lol toddlers... The best birth control ever
  • evastar
    evastar Posts: 32 Member
    Due Jan 25th here :)
  • enterdanger
    Congrats @evastar
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    edited July 2016
    (I suppose you mean January 2017, right? :smile: )

I'm due January 24. It's my first pregnancy so all is new to me. I'm quite scared of the weight gain, especially since for the past couple years I've been logging faithfully to MFP... My first big screening is in a week, and I'm getting impatient and quite anxious (I have all sorts of nightmares..) Hopefully all will go well!

Congrats on your baby boy! I have no preference, I just hope the baby is healthy!
  • enterdanger
    Hi @ElliInJapan. Congrats on your pregnancy. Don't be scared. I gained about 20lbs with each of mine and was seriously back to pre-baby weight within a couple of weeks. My sister, who is much thinner than I am gained 60lbs with each of hers and lost it. The shape of your body will change some, but once the baby and placenta are out a lot of the weight is gone.

The chance of something being wrong, statistically, is very low. I'm 37 and overweight and after my 1st tri screening they told me there was a 1 in 10,000 chance of something going wrong, but I'd already had the verifi blood test so knew I was in the clear.

You got this. Enjoy the journey, you'll likely only be pregnant a couple times in your life.
  • ElliInJapan
    Thanks for the support! 1 in 10,000 is an excellent result, congrats! I hope mine will be good too so that I can avoid having an amnio (I'm 39 by the way). This is something I'll be discussing with my doc in a few weeks...

As for the weight gain... I've been here for a few years, I lost about 23kg (50lbs) back in 2013 and in the next couple of years gained ~7(15lbs) back, but I was overall quite happy with my body. Now the prospect of getting back to my pre-diet weight is psychologically a bit challenging. I do know it's not the same, and I'll lose it afterwards, but still... I'm exactly 12 weeks today and I'm at +6lbs, my belly has already expanded quite a bit... I'm like "whoa, this is going up fast!" :smile:
  • enterdanger
    Did your doctor offer you one of the blood tests? You don't have to do something invasive like amnio as your first option now. After 10 weeks they can do a simple blood test that separates the baby's DNA from yours and tells you definitively if they have any chromosomal disorders. They can also tell the sex of the baby. That's how I knew at 12 weeks I was in the clear and having a boy. Not sure where you are, but in the US, due to Obamacare, your insurance has to cover it if you are over 35 years old.
  • ElliInJapan
    I'll have my 1st trimester screening on Monday and once we have the results at hand I'll discuss my options with my doctor. I think, if my results are good, I'll go for the non invasive blood test, if not I'll have an amnio. As far as I understand the blood test can only check for specific chromosomal disorders, while with amnio you can check for all of them. In any case, this is to be decided in the following week (fingers crossed!)

As for insurance, it's really nice that it's covered. In my case (I live in Greece) I need to pay it all myself... Both amnio and the blood test cost more than $600 :(
  • enterdanger
    Good luck, I'll keep you in my thoughts. Odds are in your favor everything is good.
  • ElliInJapan
    Just realized I never updated this thread. My papp-A results were not good after all and we decided to do an amnio. I had it last Friday and we should be getting the very first results soon. Fingers crossed!
  • enterdanger
    Keep us updated. Good luck!
  • ElliInJapan
    I have great news! My results are back and baby is healthy! Yay! Plus, we now know for sure it's a boy! We are both super happy! I can finally relax and enjoy my pregnancy! :)
  • enterdanger
    @ElliInJapan I'm so happy for you and welcome to the BOY CLUB. lol. Have you started thinking of names? Boy names were hard for me this go round since I felt like I already used the ones I really liked on my previous two boys. We are going with Evan Geoffrey for this one.
  • ElliInJapan
    Thanks enterdanger! Boy club, lol! I'm sure we'll have lots to learn!
    Evan Geoffrey sounds really nice! Good choice! We're not sure yet for ours. My husband is french, and we're thinking for a purely french name for our first. We both like Guillaume (the french version of William), but we are not decided, and we have no good ideas yet for a middle name. We'll see! I find boys' names difficult overall - I have lots of ideas for girls but none for boys!
  • enterdanger
    @ElliInJapan Boy names were tough for me this time too. My first two are Nolan James and Reid Aaron...then when we found out it was another boy I was kicking myself for using Aaron since that would have been my next first name choice. Had we had a girl, I'd have named her Quin Charlotte. But no luck.