June Training In The Books

Options
5512bf
5512bf Posts: 389 Member
With my 5 mile recovery run this morning it marked an end to my second highest running mileage month at 239.53, which is an average run of just under 8 miles per days. Garmin also calculated my calorie burn from running at 30,700. Next month the training schedule has 289 miles listed with (3) 20 mile long runs, yikes.

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was pleased I'd run 250 miles so far this year!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I peaked at 283 miles in March, which had the most intense part of Boston training. With that many miles, you learn that the easy runs really, really have to be *EASY*.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. That's a crazy amount of miles. Good luck with your training in July - sounds like you've got this in the bag.
  • 5512bf
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    I peaked at 283 miles in March, which had the most intense part of Boston training. With that many miles, you learn that the easy runs really, really have to be *EASY*.

I've been pretty good at keeping them in my easy HR range with this crazy humidity we've had here in the Midwest so far this spring and summer. I'd bet the majority of my runs last month were done in over 70 degree temps with 75-80% humidity. A few were even 80+ degrees with almost 85% humidity. Cardiac drift has been my biggest issue on runs over 90 minutes as I dehydrate. A few runs early on I was losing way too much water weight, 7-8 pounds, and HR was approaching my steady state range and even spiking into threshold on hills. I had to start doing loops around my course back to the house for water with electrolytes about every hour or so. I've been able to fix the issue to a certain degree with a quick 1 min break to down a bottle of water, towel off and change my shirt. Hopefully the humidity will begin to die down in July. Today however wasn't one of them, 11.5 miles at 72 degrees with 85% humidity. blah
  • 5512bf
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wow, I was pleased I'd run 250 miles so far this year!

My goal for the year was 2016, and I'm at 985. If everything goes as planned with this marathon cycle I'll need to do about 200 miles total in November and December
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    83.75 miles for June for me. Just a piker, I guess.