Coming back after a chest infection

valentine4
valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
Hi all,

I'm back on crying again lol if its not my head its my chest.

Seriously though I'm panicking here a bit, I went to speed work with the club 10 days ago!! 10 whole days ago, felt like shite doing it and awful afterwards. Finally caved went to the doc Monday on antibiotics and steriods for a chest infection.

So yesterday I felt alot better, went out for a very gentle two miles, and I'm in a heap ever since. I had a chest infection at the start of this year, it was awful aching bones, high temp, shaking etc. this time I'm grand apart from feeling I have two breeze blocks on my chest.

What to do? how long will this take to go the feck away? any tips/ advice/ reassurance/ sympathy/ kick up the *kitten*..all appreciated.

Promise after this no more moaning from me!

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Seriously, a chest infection is nothing to play with. It can go from bad to worse in no time.

You're probably looking at a couple of weeks for it to clear up well enough that you can get back out there. Maybe as much as four to six weeks at the longest. Yes, you'll lose some conditioning but it's better to be looking at the grass from the topside.

But you won't lose it all. You'll have to assess where you've fallen back to and pick up from there.