The July Motivation Journal

Options

Replies

• carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    @50extra thanks for your opinion on the water. I know, I'm going to try doing infused water this week. Plain water is UGH..... I just can't do it. I know I need to do better, I agree.

@tcunbeliever I am in such awe of what you do daily. I am working to be half the beast you are.

@WifiresGettingFit ... thanks for the support daily. Sounds like you had a good time with your boyfriend. Sorry you were in pain, hopefully today is much better.

Hopefully everyone has a great Sunday!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @carimiller7391 I hope it's nothing serious with the swelling on your back. I think calling in is a good idea!
    Great new goals! You can do this! =)
    I did have a great time! So far, today is much better. It's been a lazy day so far and probably will continue to be since we spent 6 1/2 - 7 hours on the road yesterday. Thanks for your support as well! Hope you have a great Sunday too! =)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    July 10th: Semi-successful but kinda still a bust

Technically based on my goals, it would be a bust but I'm barely over maintenance calories and I don't want to exercise due to the hip issues I was having yesterday so all in all it could have been worse.

Even so, this is how things stand now:

7/1/16: Under calories ✓ Worked out ✓
    7/2/16: Under calories ✖ (1/4) Worked out ✓
    7/3/16: Under calories ✖ (2/4) Worked out ✖ (1/9)
    7/4/16: Under calories ✖ (3/4) Worked out ✖ (2/9)
    7/5/16: Under calories ✓ Worked out ✖ (3/9)
    7/6/16: Under calories ✓ Worked out ✓
    7/7/16: Under calories ✓ Worked out ✓
    7/8/16: Under calories ✓ Worked out ✓
    7/9/16: Under calories ✖ (4/4) Worked out ✖ (3/9)
    7/10/16: Under calories ✖ (5/4) Worked out ✖ (4/9)

I have five more days left to have rest/active rest days and I have gone over my over calorie days by 1.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    July 10th

Calories eaten 1765 out of 1953 for 188 left over
    Exercised for 36 minutes

10 days into the challenge

9/10 for CICO
    8/10 for exercise

@tcunbeliever Great to see all of those inches gone even if the scale isn't moving too much, that's a true body recomp right there. Keep up a great work.

@carimiller7391 Good to see you have added some fitness goals alongside the eating goals, I am sure that it will help you with the whole process.

@WifiresGettingFit Don't you hate it when our overweight bodies try to fight back and hurt us for trying to lose weight? Don't worry about it if you happen to go over on calories now and then, that's called living. We try to be good when we can so that we can splurge on special occasions.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @50extra I hate a lot of things and that would definitely be included. I'm not too too worried about it just yet but I have to be very diligent that it doesn't become a habit. I am very determined to get and stay out of the 190's so tomorrow is a new day and it's going to be a better day!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    @50extra, Good job yesterday!!! I'm feeling bad about the limited exercise I'm able to do at this point. I had tried and loved Zumba about 2 years ago. My back has gotten so much worse since that point in time. Now that I had surgery, I am hoping that I am capable of at least starting to do workout videos starting in September. I'm also glad that I'm able to add in some exercise (minor as it may be).

@WifiresGettingFit, I love your attitude. You are correct. The only thing you can control is being better today then yesterday. It sucks how quickly the bad habits are able to form (or come back in my case), but the good habits seem like they take forever to form.

1. Continue drinking water daily 6-8 16oz bottles. **completed
    2. Continue working on 75 grams of protein per day **completed
    3. Add 1 intentional flight of steps per day over the normal up and down the steps. **completed
    4. Continue to try to get a fruit/veggie in with each meal and snack. *5 out of 6 meals
    5. Since I am limited in the weight I can lift, start with 3lb weights, do arm exercises. 5 different exercises, 3 sets, 15 reps each. ** Need the OK from the surgeon to start this today due to front incision not healing correctly.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @carimiller7391 I know exactly what you mean. They say it takes 21 days to make something a habit. It's been quite a long time since I've had 21 consecutive goods day in a row. I think I might make it my next goal and if I don't reach it, well I'll try again!
    You're doing great with your goals, keep it up! =) I hope the incision starts to heal correctly and that you get cleared to do your workout. I know how much you want to include some activity into your day. Keep us updated!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    July 11th: Success

Under calories by 79 (1341/1420)
    Calories with exercise (1712/1791)
  • 50extra
    Options
    @carimiller7391 I read a success story just the other day where the woman started with lifting 5lb weights only and she turned out great. Any start is better than nothing.

July 11th - Worst day yet

Calories 2084/1470 over by 614
    Exercise NADA

11 days in to challenge
    CICO 9/11
    Exercise 8/11
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit yes, the supposed 21 day habit. It takes much longer for me. Doesn't take me but one meal to get back to the bad habits though. Great job yesterday!!!

@50extra May I ask where you found the story you read? Would love the extra motivation from the story also. Sorry you had a bad day yesterday.

3. Add 1 intentional flight of steps per day over the normal up and down the steps. **completed
    4. Continue to try to get a fruit/veggie in with each meal and snack. *3 out of 6 meals
    5. Since I am limited in the weight I can lift, start with 3lb weights, do arm exercises. 5 different exercises, 3 sets, 15 reps each. ** Need the OK from the surgeon to start this today due to front incision not healing correctly. Was asked by the Dr. to hold off until Wednesday to start any arm exercises.
  • 50extra
    Options
    @carimiller7391 I have a meeting tomorrow and if I get back to my computer in the afternoon I'll look then if not it will have to be on Thursday
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @carimiller7391 I used to be like that and I still struggle now but instead of it turning into weeks and months of bad days (which used to happen all the time), it's one or two days and then I get back on board with my plan. I'd like to make it a lot less but small steps are still steps. Keep that in mind, don't be hard on yourself. You're doing great!
    Thank you for the comment about yesterday! =) I'm planning on making today just as good! haha =D

I remember reading a similar story in the success stories thread, let me see if I can find it (it may even be the one @50extra is talking about.) I looked and I didn't have any luck but someone did make a guide for the success stories and you may be able to find another that you find motivational!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10394510/the-ultimate-success-stories-guide
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

@50extra thanks for looking for the story for me.

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @carimiller7391 You're welcome! =)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    July 12th: Success

Under calories by 208 (1212/1420)
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Good Tuesday evening.

4. Continue to try to get a fruit/veggie in with each meal and snack. *4 out of 6 meals
    5. Since I am limited in the weight I can lift, start with 3lb weights, do arm exercises. 5 different exercises, 3 sets, 15 reps each. ** Was asked by the Dr. to hold off until Wednesday to start any arm exercises.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Great job @WifiresGettingFit !!!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @carimiller7391 You too Cari!!!!! Keep it up! =)
  • 50extra
    Options
    @carimiller7391 http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10151694/from-a-size-20-to-a-size-8-with-strength-training-in-one-year-pics/p1

That is the one, she started out with some random weights and now looks fantastic. She is proof that starting small is all you need as long as you can stick with it and get the diet in check
  • 50extra
    Options
    July 12

Calories eaten 1830/2313 483 left over <-Lowered my weight loss goal
    Exercise - rode the bike for 40 minutes, got a great sweat on, burned some fat off!

12 days into challenge
    CICO - 10/12
    Exercise - 9/12