Times 2 Maternity Clothes

Options
enterdanger
enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
This is just my good deed for the day. I don't know if this is UK sized when I'm in the US, but I can tell you for sure DON'T ORDER IT. I'm in the US and I ordered a bunch of stuff off zulilly (which i order from all the time). I got my normal size large. I looked at the dimensions on the website. They looked right. However, not one single thing I ordered fit. The shirts were so freakin small...2 of them I couldn't even get my arms in...my arms...It's like they were made for pregnant children. and the one pant I got in extra large (since I run bigger on the bottom) were HUGE. Worst maternity clothes brand ever. I'm waiting to see what zulilly will do. Normally, they don't take returns, but this is ridiculous.

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Asian sizes... you have to order Asian sizes 2-3x larger than what we use in the US
  • enterdanger
    Options
    lol. right. Well, if zulilly won't issue me a credit (which they probably won't) anyone who is a xs or small might fit this stuff. Just message me if you want it. I can't use it unless I make a quilt or something. Since I can't even thread a needle that seems unlikely at best.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That's a bummer! I've been tempted to order mat clothes from Zulily... But I think I'll resist after reading this.

Another suggestion, see if any of the baby consignment stores in your area take maternity clothes. I know the one in our town pays decent rates for good condition or like new mat clothes.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I see Zulilly recommended by people and heavily advertised on the net all the time, but that they don't take returns is what made me not consider shopping there. Not even to browse. IMO it takes a lot of gall to have a no return policy in this day and age.

Agree with the suggestion to take the clothing to a consignment shop.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Also, IDK if you have Ross in your area, but seriously... I spend most of my time in scrubs because of work, but I bought a pair of maternity a pair of shorts, a dress, and like 7 tops for under $100. I bought a belly band for my jeans on amazon, and then a couple pair of over sized $5 leggings from Walmart because duh, leggings. I kept my preggy wardrobe under $150, and I feel good in everything I got.

Now, to not break the bank with nursing bras when the time comes!
  • enterdanger
    Options
    Zulily told me I can return everything. I have to pay the shipping, but I'll get back the $85 I spent on clothes. I like the motherhood stuff, but it's so expensive. Kohl's had a good sale last week so I grabbed a few things I need. I'll hold off on any more until we get out of summer. I usually start maternity stuff in a large and move to an XL around month 6th as my larges get snug. Pants are usually ok to stick with a large, but shirts...not so much.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @enterdanger Another option for cheaper mat clothes is Old Navy. I have gotten some great deals in-store (really small selection, but they seem to put them on clearance quickly) & online with coupons. Free shipping (if above a certain $ amount) & easy returns in-store. Just thought I'd pass that along. That's where most of my mat clothes have been coming from, because I REFUSE to pay Motherhood prices (except at the outlet that's about 1.5 hours from us & there I only shop the clearance rack) & there are very few other in-store options for mat clothes in our area.

Editing to add: check retailmenot.com for coupons ...no matter where you shop online. lol. Love that site.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    Yeah, I have some old navy stuff...mostly dresses. I hate the way almost all their pants fit. and those side panel pants...no way. I don't know how they stay up on anyone. I tried them and hated them. I'm a full panel kind of girl.