RPG'ers?

Options
2»

Replies

• jyneefur
    jyneefur Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to table top games a few years ago.. but alas, the friends I drank and ate (oh yeah, and gamed) with are on the other side of the country now.

Girl looking for gaming friends! Are any of you in PA? :P
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to table top games a few years ago.. but alas, the friends I drank and ate (oh yeah, and gamed) with are on the other side of the country now.

Girl looking for gaming friends! Are any of you in PA? :P

Regrettably, no. I've had enormous trouble trying to get a game going again since college. People just don't have the time they used to.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    <-- here! We try to play every other week, although in the summer it's more like once a month.

That's why me and my friends usually plan a camping trip, where it's nothing but nonstop gaming, beer and BBQ.

Oh yeah, can't forget GenCon...30 days to go!
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    <-- here! We try to play every other week, although in the summer it's more like once a month.

That's why me and my friends usually plan a camping trip, where it's nothing but nonstop gaming, beer and BBQ.

Oh yeah, can't forget GenCon...30 days to go!

We used to be avid campers, and we tried a few times to game while in the woods.....it invariably rains everytime we go so after a few ruined char sheets, lost dice, poor tequila worms used as props, we gave up and left well enough alone :wink:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ahem, movie recommendation:

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

love that movie so much..... Also video parody ...Roll a D6 ...go look it up on you tube trust me

I was playing Wizard spell wars this weekend it was fun but the game goes really quick..I think were gonna make it a drinking game to lol
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ahem, movie recommendation:

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

love that movie so much..... Also video parody ...Roll a D6 ...go look it up on you tube trust me

I was playing Wizard spell wars this weekend it was fun but the game goes really quick..I think were gonna make it a drinking game to lol

I'll have to check these out. Also there is a movie coming out called "Knights of Badassom" that looks funny. It even has Peter Dinklage (Tyrion from Game of Thrones) in it. Some LARPers somehow unlease a real succubus, cheesy but funny looking. Lightning bolt!
  • Praisethesun
    Options
    I play Magic: the Gathering and Munchkin, but not much D&D, etc.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I still play MtG when I meet others who do, DnD (Need a group though! I just moved back down to South Florida - send me a message if you got a group there!), Munchkin - LOVE this, never get to play enough though!

Never got into other tabletops, but not opposed to trying!

~
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Dabbled with some DnD 3.5. Ended up actually enjoying myself and even gave a shot at being DM.

Loved my Sunday nights with the guys. Pizza, snacks, wines, etc.

Good times!
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I started waaay back when I was a wee teen, was a neighbor hood kid that had all the manuals. summers spent in his basement and back patio were timeless. i had a set of oak (wooden dice baby!!) dice that my dad helped me make, till an argument happened and they got tossed in the campfire we had. the argument was about how it was unfair that i had homemade dice and could easily cheat cause it wasn't "balanced", despite the fact i only ever got like 12 natural 20's. got my self an oversized pair after that, just so i could roll comfortably (big hands).

after a few more years i had a friend that introduced me to RIFTS, made myself a promethean! haven't played much in the last decade though, the family i have is a 36 hour a day job.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love casting fireballs so much that the DMs (took turns) kept it away from my spellbook for 2 years!

I mean.. so what if half the party was in the way.. we had a healer, the enemy didnt! :devil:

Dont may much anymore, life happens, but do make sure to pick up a game when we are in the same city as enough of our friends.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    what is top table?
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to but I don't have any friends that would really be interested. I've played Settlers of Catan a couple of times but that's about it. :(
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to but I don't have any friends that would really be interested. I've played Settlers of Catan a couple of times but that's about it. :(

I'll play with you, doesn't have to be video games :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey now, let's keep this topic clean......jk! :tongue:

We're going to do some White Wolf Changeling Saturday night......I'm so lucky to be surrounded by other gamer geeks. We're like...hmmmm...we're all broke but we want to get together and have some fun....what should we do? GAME!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Helllo! I did not even think to look for RPG'ers on here. I play here and there but my husband is the fanatic! He is even writing his own game. Are there rules here about telling you guys that? I dunno. He got me started with D&D and we played a little StarWars, but now we mostly play test his game.
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I started playing D&D in 1987 and for a long time played with a group of friends who have sadly all moved away. I started playing Everquest in 1999 or 2000 and played it for 8 years, around 2007 I started playing World of Warcraft. As far as video games go LOL I started playing those prior to being able to get home systems my dad would bring me down to the local arcade and I'd play pac man and asteroids and such. We had several gaming systems starting out with the original Atarii and Intelevision. I've always tried to keep a current gaming system for my kids. Even though I love gaming I've always encouraged my kids to get out and be active for at least a couple hours a day the way my dad used to make me when I was growing up.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I meet with my table top gaming group every Saturday ❤ Everybody roll for initiative! :laugh: