Is it worth it to go if you can't give 100%?

Options
fakeittomakeit
fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
I am in my 4th week if crossfit and go 5 times a week. Today I had a procedure that required stitches inside and out on my upper arm, 10 in all. It's recommended to not workout vigorously for a week and no lifting for 2 weeks. I don't want to skip working out tomorrow,.so I was thinking of doing maybe some lunges/box jumps/sit ups during the WOD tomorrow. As long as my heart rate doesn't get too high, it should be fine. Just curious what others would do in this situation. I love crossfit and don't want to miss any classes. : )

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Go, but definitely tell your Coach. He/She should offer some alternatives. At the very least stretch and work on lower body stuff. But do not violate your Dr. orders. No sense in risking further injury!
  • irvisscott
    irvisscott Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have only been going 4 weeks and injured my back on Father's day moving furniture for my mother. The doctor said I could go back when I was pain free. I skipped a few days and went back on Friday when my back was mostly pain free. I told the coach and while the rest were doing deadlifts or anything else that could strain the lower back he had me do something else. I ran, jumped rope, push-ups , and I cant remember what else.
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    Go, but definitely tell your Coach. He/She should offer some alternatives. At the very least stretch and work on lower body stuff. But do not violate your Dr. orders. No sense in risking further injury!

^^^THIS^^^
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

^^^THIS^^^

Agreed. Better to rest and not aggravate the wound, but if you can do some lower body work without irritating the cut I'm sure that would be fine.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    One of the guys in my box was out with a knee injury for months (soccer injury). He still came and did alternate stuff when he couldn't participate. He ended up mastering muscle ups and is now a coach. Definitely go but modify. ????
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    yea i had a really gnarly injury for 6 weeks (back), but instead of sitting at home i went, modified the heck out of everything, got a lot stronger at my weaknesses, stretched, and cheered on everyone else that was able bodied :)