Let's get real about Halo Top.

Options
PaulaWallaDingDong
PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
People in the forums are making this stuff actually seem like a good idea. I'm considering it. Is this something I should be talked down from, or is it actually not half bad? I mean, is it at least as good as cheap crappy ice cream?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the vanilla and it was ok, but for me the after taste was just too much... and it didn't have a great impact on my intestines.

I want to try the birthday cake flavor but only Wegmans has it and I just refuse to pay $6 for it.

I honestly liked Enlightened better, but it has more calories.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I've tried the birthday cake and the mint chip. They had good flavor but weren't as creamy as I would prefer.

I'm planning to eventually get my own (I tried some at Mom's house) and make a milkshake with almond milk to see if that gives me the consistency I like.

~Lyssa
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've tried the lemon cake one. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't buy it again, mostly because I didn't feel like it was worth the price.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    As good as cheap crappy ice cream? I'd say so, yes. But I won't buy crappy ice cream, cheap or no and I won't buy Halo Top again, either.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I tried birthday cake last night and it was very satisfying to me - note though that I was in a 'want to eat a whole pint of ice cream' mood. Bonus is that it's more filling with all the protein and fiber. I didn't notice any aftertaste this time so I'm wondering if my second pint of vanilla was a fluke or something.

Obviously not as good as real ice cream, but a good enough substitute I think for 'those days', or for people who are not picky about their ice cream and like eating the whole pint.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    For me, the peanut butter chip, mint chip and birthday cake flavors of halo top are good for when I haven't made my own and I want to eat half a pint. I like Enlightened Ice Cream better. They are a little higher in calories than halo top but the mint chocolate is really good (a lot more creamy than halo top). The peanut butter chip is heavy on the peanut butter but good if you like that. The salted caramel was good. My wife liked the fudge brownie. Just my worthless 2 cents
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I hated it. But I am an ice cream snob, so. I tried the lemon cake one that everyone is always raving about.
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat this everyday? If so, how much?
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just can't handle this stuff. I've tried several different flavors and just really don't like it. Some flavors "burn" my mouth for some reason. I think that's the sugar alcohols? Yick.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I just can't handle this stuff. I've tried several different flavors and just really don't like it. Some flavors "burn" my mouth for some reason. I think that's the sugar alcohols? Yick.

They do the same thing to me. I actually opened a pint again after a while... just not worth it.