Rheumatoid Arthritis

e9196tep
e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
Greetings,
I'm also on the chronic pain group. I was diagnosed with RA 2.5 years ago. I've had it for about 6 years though. Before that I had issues with endometriosis, ruptured l4-l5 and auto immune thyroid. So over the last 15+ years it's ALWAYS SOMETHING. Of course I never asked for this. I just had surgery due to a mass but turned out to be endo after all these years still. I'm currently taking prednisone as well as several additional DMARDS. I'm 2 weeks into methotrexate which has caused so much nausea and added exponentially to the fatigue. So I'm not getting exercise like I should. Doc wants me on rituxan infusions next so I have real concerns. My spouse has gotten tired of my illness as you can imagine. Im so afraid I'll be abandoned. I'm not a lazy person so this has been devastating to my self esteem. Im 50yo married for 28. It's been rough. Over the last 2 years I've lost about 40lbs but I've come to a standstill. I need to lose about 20 more. The methotrexate has stopped my appetite dead in its tracks. It's hard to get 1000 c in my system. Like many of you it's not something you ever get used to. My body's just deteriorating and I can't help myself. I have to put on this act that I'm fine because I'm terrified it's too much for my family. It's so weird to think how sick I've been. No it's not cancer. It's an auto immune disease but guess what? You still get chemotherapy. Now how do I fake all this? Wish me luck?