C-section Birth

Options
KrystalMaze1
KrystalMaze1 Posts: 16 Member
hey i had my daughter 5 months ago, I had an emergency c section and i think i am still recovering mentaly. I was taken in because my daughter was in the breech position, I was very upset about it because i was looking forward to giving birth naturaly and I didnt find out until on my due date, my partner was not very helpful or understanding, I could say it was the worst week of my life. I became very sick with a chest infection for 4 months (i'm also asthmatic) so i couldnt even do anything even when i wanted too, Now i'm left with a body i hate, No friends around and I turned down an invite to go out with my sister lastnight because i look hidious in every item of clothing i own. I sit at home on my own binge eating and feeling like i want to cry all the time.

I think i really have hit rock bottom and i desperatly need to change. I have cut down the snacks and i am eating healthier and started working out, I'm Hoping i can gain my confidence back and be the person i used to be. :smile:

Replies

• Garlicmushroom
    Garlicmushroom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think most mums are upset to apoint with having an emergency section with their first baby. 5months isn't very long and it may take a good year to come to terms with it. But don't let it take control. It sounds like you may have postnatal depression.
    I've had 3 sections and all 3 healed differently,my first was an emergency and took along time to physically heal from.
    Is there any support groups your doctors may have or the hospital. You should tell your health visitor cause they will be able to help you,if they don't they're rubbish at their job.
    Right now not let it swamp your mind of all the parts you hate of your body and just think about eating healthy for yourself and concentrate on your baby. Think positive not negative is the main thing and take no notice of the OH if he's no help find others who are though having someone like that about don't help well with any form of healing.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and my son is 8 months. I started therapy for postpartum depression and am slowly getting better. Working out and turning use to be such a stress reliever for me and hoping I can get back to that instead of laying around hating myself!
    We can both get to that point, no doubt! :#
  • farahrahm
    farahrahm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I was in the same boat almost three years ago when i had to have ab emergency caesar. It just felt like nothing was going the way i planned and i had no control.

It does get better, as you learn to cope with your new baby and your new body.

It is natural that you are emotional now with all the adjustments you have had to make, but maybe it isnt a bad idea to speak to a psychologist or find a support group... just so you can have a bit more tangible support on a daily basis.

• Charlie65lbsltr
    Options
    I too had a c-section that has left me with a body I hate to look at but I refuse to let it get me down. My *kitten* and hips are so huge , as a matter of fact so are my arms, my belly and my thighs...but everyday- for the last three weeks- I've gotten up and exercised and have made healthier meals for myself. I was 220: I got on the scale this weekend and I am now 185. I feel good about that. I feel like there is hope and a chance that I may love my body once more. My baby will be one in a few weeks...I want to look good for those pictures. You gotta find your inner strength, it's there...just waiting for you to take charge. This community as well as other Youtubers have been my motivators...we are not alone! My husband could really care less. He just wants me to get in better shape but cook his dinner the way he likes it...nevermind my diet. So I cook two different meals...Lol...you gotta do it for yourself, your happiness, your peace of mind, your sanity, your health. Your baby needs a happy & healthy mom!!!!
  • shanitilly
    shanitilly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a planned c-section but it was planned 5 days before and after they had told me to go mall walking to get things going! I wanted a natural birth too! But this was better for both of us.. My body is heavy and droopy. But I know I can lose weight, because I lost almost 30lbs. before this pregnacy. I had some clothing and body issues until I decided it was temporary! I have had some anxiety too. Panic attacks. It is hormones and normal. They are all gone now. So just give yourself time and grace! Remember that your body was made to have babies!
  • mimweed
    mimweed Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm 4 months post emergency c section and I still have nightmares. I was a fitness junkie for the last 7 years and I cannot come to terms with what I see in the mirror. Everyone around me comments on how lucky I am that I got my body back, but I'm no where near what I expect from myself. I cry every day and hate how I look. I stayed very fit and active during my pregancy and lost most of the weight that I gained. I should be great full but I can't help how I feel. My abs are completely ruined and I am trying to stay motivated. If anyone has any words of encouragement, they would be greatly appreciated.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @mimweed I'm sorry to hear you are so unhappy! I think it is important to remember that in time you can regain a strong core. It won't look or maybe even feel the same, but it doesn't have to remain ruined forever.

Something that helps me is rather than dwelling on what my body was, I try to think about what would make me happy with my body in the future. For me, if that lower belly pooch could get smaller and tighter so it hangs a lot less, my cleavage being exposed less in every shirt ever made, my *kitten* and hips at least fitting comfortably in my workout clothes and pajama pants, and my wedding rings fitting again would be fantastic. This way I'm not so focused on a number on the scale, a clothing size, or a specific image of my body but instead on specific instances that would make me more comfortable overall.