Hot weather, love it or hate it?

Options
2»

Replies

• wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Love it..... eating lovely salads, drinking lots of water, love the walking when it is warm, makes you feel so much happier and everyone seems more sociable
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hate at this precise moment in time.

I have been suffering from sunstroke for the most part of the week and only really just getting over it. Sods law, I wear all the sun cream, drink twice as much as the two people I were with put together - and I suffer. I have eaten pretty shoddily since then, and definitely no exercise. I could barely move to go make myself food, let alone go do some exercise! But now I'm back to normal in terms of eating, hoping to get out tomorrow for exercise.

I like looking at how pretty outside is, but if I do go outside, it'll be in the shade. I do not make any effort to sit in the sun, if I am out and about - so be it. I think we do need some rain though.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Love it! End of.
  • jennimc13
    jennimc13 Posts: 37
    Options
    love it! its tough working in it and trying to sleep is a nightmare however I would choose this sunny weather over dark wet windy days anytime!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Love it during the day - great for going out walking in the sun.

Hate it at night - when I can't sleep!
  • reshyo747
    reshyo747 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hate it! I find it almost suffocating when it's this hot and it's so muggy and sticky. I might enjoy it more if I was thinner and could wear "proper" summer clothes (i.e. shorts, vests, etc.), but I don't feel I can wear this sort of stuff at my current weight.

But anyway, give me winter and minus temps any day!
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

I sweat really badly anyway, we run at 9am so it's pretty warm by then work in and around the garden most days and then go for a dip in the sea about 6pm

We like salads anyway but right now there in abundance.

Beer is really hard to stay away from

Did I mention I LOVE IT
  • little_simon
    little_simon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love it, but find appetite isnt so good
  • The_Gruffalo
    Options
    I like it but its not good been a fat lad in it but i much prefer the cold weather suppose i am used to it been from the North East.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Love it! I feel the cold very easily and long, harsh winters make me miserable. I feel more relaxed when the sun is out and I notice other people smile more too. I work in an air-conditioned office so I'm comfortable during the day and when I go outside I get a welcome blast of warm air. Also gets my washing dry in record time (though that means the ironing pile reaches record heights!). Like most others I have trouble sleeping but I find that a cool shower at bedtime helps.

When the heatwave was forecast the cynic in me thought: Hose pipe ban, here we go. But I read this week that there are no such plans because the long, wet winter means that all the reservoirs are at the right levels!

Saw this on BBC News website this morning: 10 Ways in which the UK is ill-prepared for a heatwave:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23341698
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this weather, long may it continue LOL.

Its been great at the gym this week as its so hot.... only half the amount of people in the main part of the gym... the downside is there are more in the pool which will make tonights swim harder :(
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    Definitely hate it! I love the sunshine but would prefer it a bit cooler. I actually prefer a winter sunny day :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Loving it! Low appetite, high energy, big smiles!! Lost 6lbs this month! :bigsmile: