Doesn't Track All Miles/KM

Options
SezxyStef
SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
Has anyone noticed that their eggs aren't recording all the miles walked?

I do 3 miles/5km 4 mornings a week.

This morning I started out and I had an egg in that had 0.4km on it...I did my 5k/3 miles and it showed 3.6 :o

Replies

• tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    it doesn't track how far you walked per se, just how far the distance is between when the game refreshes it's self. so if you walk on a really curvy path, it will only track the distance in a straight line between where you started, and where you ended up, not the whole path. so if you're walking on a straight path, it would track the whole thing.

i hope that makes sense haha.
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That would explain a lot. They recently built a walking path along a creek in my neighborhood and that's where I do my walking now. They put a lot of curves in it so that the total length would be five miles. I would go out for a two mile walk and get frustrated that a 2km egg didn't hatch.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I know, which is really frustrating if you are inbuating a 10km egg and know you have walked the distance. Oh well I live with it, but it is annoying Would love if it could be connected to my pacer or the fitbit to caclulate that. Guess that is for now a bridge too far
  • Madpiano2
    Madpiano2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It also gets confused when your GPS jumps around a lot, sometimes it thinks you are going too fast (over 5miles/hr) or it counts distance even though you are standing still.