Anybody doing Just Dance for their steps?

Options
BaconSan2
BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
Hi - I have been doing Just Dance for my exercise even before I started dieting (Keto 11 days ago) I love it. I do my step goal during the program so it doesn't always look like I am dancing in fact my dancing doesn't look like dancing at all. But it gets me to move & my mind goes to a Zen like place. The first half hour is the hardest after that it takes on a momentum of it's own. I started doing Just Dance a few years ago cuz I didn't like to anyone to see me exercising (too big) outside my home. Just wondering if there are some Just Dance fans in the Fitbit community.

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I used to do Wii Zumba for my exercise and credit it with a lot of my success. It was fun, it got me moving and my heart rate up - and I could do it at home where nobody could see me. Eventually, it got to the point where I couldn't get my heart rate up enough and I had to add other exercise. Fortunately, by then I wasn't quite as bothered by being seen exercising outside, so I started walking with my husband. Now, I take either a strenuous 5 mile walk or go for a run almost every day. I still do Zumba occasionally because it helps my knees.
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    I do Zumba sometimes too. Good for you on the 5 mile walk or run.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I play Dance Dance Revolution. I started playing at around 2800 steps today. 2.5 hours later I was at almost 20k. Time flies when you're having fun. I have Just Dance 3 for PS3 but I've only played it a few times. My problem with that game is there are very few songs I like or know, so the novelty wears off rather quick and I get bored so don't play it very long. Plus I don't have a lot of free space in front of my TV so the Move can never detect me, or the room isn't bright enough. With DDR I just put the dance mat in front of my TV and dance away to my hearts desire. I can get my HR up a lot more as well.
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    It is great for getting steps in - I should check out DDR I am on my 3 Wii the originsl one cuz I want to keep playing all the Just Dances
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There's also a pretty cool game for the Wii called Walk It Out. You basically use a dance pad (like the one for DDR) and walk around a town while songs play. I played it a lot when I had a Wii.

If you're going to check out DDR I would recommend Hottest Party 3. That's my favorite. I'm actually currently playing the equivalent of that (same songs but it's called X2) on my PS2.
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    OK thanks I will check it out.