Favorite Gluten Free Food Items

Options
What are your favorite Gluten free food items. I have tried a cookies and bread? I didn't like them. Any and all help is appreciated.

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have tried pizza, cake, English muffins and they were all gross.
    I made pancakes with coconut flour eggs cream and nuts and they were ok but I wouldn't make them again.

I have opted for naturally gluten free as I can't find anything g that is gluten and sugar free that is even ok.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't specifically seek out gluten free foods, but by the nature of low carb, I tend to find them. I think that even gluten free cookies and such are really fake foods or frankenfoods, and so I wouldn't generally was much time on them. There are ways to make some items without the gluten at all by sticking to low carb, high fat, moderate protein recipes... Google the word "keto" before any recipe type for easier searching. And know the substitutes. Like arrowroot for cornstarch or flour, etc.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Bacon. :wink:

I like several of recipes in http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/recipes , namely, the egg fast crepes, which are simply eggs and cream cheese.

Like KnitOrMiss, I don't really look for "gluten free!" foods. I just eat foods that are naturally that way -- meat, dairy, vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc. Makes it easier than dealing with the minefield of grains and whatnot.