Last Month!

Options
Brittles927
Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
Hey Guys!

I would just like to commend everyone who has posted weekly, or monthly, for your dedication to this challenge, for your encouraging words, and all around support to everyone that needed it.

I think I came into this challenge with high expectations, and a bit of a warped idea of how weight loss really works. I thought 10lbs a month was going to be easy. This is my first time really putting in serious effort into losing weight and I guess I didn't realize how hard it would be. You've got to overcome so much mentally. Everyone knows how to lose weight, it really comes down to how bad you want it.

I've had highs and lows, lots of lows, but so many good comebacks. And as long as you're moving to a better, healthier you, it doesn't matter how slow you go, progress is progress.

This last month of the challenge I really want to push myself as much as possible. So I've committed to hitting 10,000 steps daily and doing a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise daily.
I've actually got my husband to commit to doing the same so I'm hoping with his support I'll be able to do it! Yesterday I hit 11,000 steps and I spent 30 minutes in the pool doing exercises so it's a good start :)

I think I felt the fittest when I was doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred back in February when I first started this journey. Just something about the consistency/dedication of working out 20 mins a day for 30 days made me really feel like I was moving in the right direction. I'm hoping by hitting 10,000 steps daily and doing a 20 min workout that I not only feel great but I look it and it reflects on the scale. If things go well this month then I'm going to lose my scale next month and continue with the exercise plan.

One of my biggest downfalls of this challenge was not having a consistent or dedicated workout regimen. And the other was being incredibly focused on my scale. I have lost 30lbs since February and it took me those 30lbs before I really celebrated the work that I've done. Every pound should be a big deal (excuse the pun), but in reality I want to feel good, I want to be healthy and I think I lost sight of that in desires to see a certain number on my scale. I was highly disappointed when I would only lose 1 pound in a week. I did a lot of Intermittent Fasting, and I wish I had just been stronger with my diet/exercise so I didn't have to starve to make up for weekend eating.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you all how this challenge has opened my eyes, how much I appreciate each and every one of you who have stayed on and continued to post weekly, it means a lot to me. I hope this last month isn't the last we talk to each other, that you all reach your goals and celebrate them.

<3

Please feel free to share your own progress/success/struggles. I look forward to reading them!

Replies

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Amazing post that I can't really do justice to with a response. I agree with you that everyone here has done a great job at this. I also agree that how fast you hit your goal doesn't really matter, as long as you do it. And being healthy is definately more important than hitting a number. I think you've made some great points and realizations, and you'll do great moving forward. Keep eating the right way, and exercising, and the weight will fall into place. It's not about eating less, as much as it is about eating less of the not so healthy foods. I typically eat anywhere from 1900-2100 calories a day, but try to make it mostly healthy, and offset it with exercise.
    Thirty pounds down (so far) is a great accomplishment, and you should be proud. It is not easy by any means. The 10,000 steps should help. I haven't done less than that in a day since March. It becomes addictive.
    Congrats to you, and everyone for your successes. I'm looking forward to this final month push :)
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is such a great post - congrats on the 30lbs...that is a huge achievement. Well done!
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback you guys!

I've got renewed motivation with my journey, it's very exciting!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!