Diets for Fibro

RedRiot5
RedRiot5 Posts: 3 Member
Over the last year I have looked into a lot of different diets to help me with weight loss and since April (when I was diagnosed), to also help with fibro symptoms. There seems to be a lot of information out there about avoiding gluten to help with fibro. I have also found that an anti inflammatory diet that is also gluten free, can help patients with IBS and fibro. I am currently a pescatarian, and I have reduced my gluten intake slowly because it's hard for me to give it cold turkey. I can personally recommend juicing to anyone looking for more energy and for anyone who experiences a loss of appetite when your pain is really bad.

I am curious what has worked for you to help with both weight loss and pain symptoms. If you have tried anything that has given you the results you wanted, I encourage you to share them here for others to try.

Replies

• RedRiot5
    RedRiot5 Posts: 3 Member
    So today I am starting a carb cycling diet. I think it will actually help me eat on days I do not want to have anything because the pain is so bad. I usually go for carbs and sugars when I don't feel well. We all know that never helps. By sticking to a low carb, moderate carb and high carb cycle, I hope to find some balance in my carb intake and reduce my gluten intake until I can get off breads and pastas for good. I am hopeful at this starting point.

If anyone has tried carb cycling, leave your tips below. I will update in a week to let you know if it is working for me.
  • catken123
    catken123 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I have fibromyalgia and avoid gluten and sugar. I also take probiotics all of which really help.