Need advice!!

Options
Fit4LifeAR
Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
I am 8 weeks out of my knee replacement and doing GREAT. No pain to speak of, other than soreness that sets in at the end of the day. I'm back at the gym doing 30 minutes on the bike and starting to lift again, but that's my problem! I do maybe one set and I am drained, so much that I am shaky and weak. When you have a knee replacement they talking about "energy drain" but I never imagined it would be this bad. My question is, how can I combat that? Maybe a protein shake before I workout? I have no idea but it's so frustrating.

Replies

• ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Are you doing your cardio and lifting during the same session? If so, maybe try alternating workouts, or doing one in the morning and one in the evening.

I would guess that the cause of feeling low energy after knee replacement surgery would be due to the energy requirements of healing. So I think the strategy of adding some extra protein calories sounds like a logical potential solution.

Do you feel low energy on rest days, too? If not, then it sounds like eating back a great percentage of your exercise calories might be a good solution to try.