Surgery Date getting set soon

Options
VSGAng
VSGAng Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Hey all. I am in the process of getting ready for the gastric sleeve. I am on the pre op diet already even tho I don't have a surgery date yet. My primary dr wanted me to go ahead and start as the labs showed I am diabetic now and my liver enzymes are up. So far so good with following it. Ingredients to avoid: sugar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup. Foods to avoid: bread, potatoes, corn, pasta, rice, quinoa, cookes, candy, chops, crackers, oatmeal, fruit, calorie drinks, alcohol, breaded or fried foods.

I have been through the clearances and just waiting to be called about surgery. The only thing I am not totally sure about is whether or not they will want me to do another EGD. That depends if the one I had done was not recent or informative enough. So, hopefully I will know soon if i need another EGD and have an actual date for my surgery soon. I am self pay so I didn't have to to do the 6 months medically supervised diet. But they did still send me for clearances and things which I am glad of... This isn't something I want them to just rush and do.... So I am glad they are checking me out thoroughly first.

I am just looking for a group of people going through the same thing as I am to share with. I hope everyone is doing well in their process. I am excited and a bit nervous but mostly just happy to be getting my life back! I can't wait to feel better and take a shower and not be worn out or in pain from doing too much in a day.

Replies

• dsoucy31
    dsoucy31 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm having the bypass done.... may 1st is my surgery date!!