week august 8

Options
freyjac
freyjac Posts: 205 Member
So I have been sporadic at best with this challenge. Between my daughters wedding and a family reunion and getting the rest of my kids here there and everywhere they need to be I haven't spent to much focus on me. I had lost about 5lbs which brought me down to my goal,l just about, for this challenge at one point but then i gained most of that back. Ugh so now i am just about where I started on this challenge. Now its time to kick it into high gear with only a few more weeks to go. I am hoping to get close if not fully to my goal still. we shall see.
Good luck every one.
Sw:216
CW:215
gw:210
total goal weight:130-135

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    OW: 192.5
    SW: 163.4
    CW: 165
    GW: 149

I've had difficulty with my weight over the last 6 weeks. I'm up 10 pounds from my low of 155. It started with our landscaping. While work was going on, I was not getting enough sleep, my routine was completely undone, and of course it added some extra stress. All bad for weight loss. This was followed by some elective surgery that also stressed the body a bit. That's all done now and I'm working hard to get needed sleep again and to get my routine back in place. All of this helps with cravings, food choices and my body being able to do what it needs to do. So the numbers have started coming back down now. The number was higher than this weigh in.

Wishing everyone a great week.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    No progress last week but summer vacations all over. Little kids back to school while college kid on break.... One more family birthday party this week then we're done till October.. So my plan is to choose one healthy habit each day... So yesterday in my college daughter quest to try out each taco place in town, I ate one fish taco...no chips! Victory over eating out! But most importantly I got a good night sleep too. Found a new open water swim group that I can work out with. Here's a picture.
    417w405j23wd.jpg
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Water looks lovely!!! I can't wait for fall and the pool to be back open at the school. I know it'll be catch can as the swim team will have it first quarter but hey I still can't wait.

I was also doing very well and then what can I say I went on a binge and put on 5 lbs. Now I am fighting to get them off. My labor day goal was to be under 140. If I hadn't of binged I might of made it now I'm struggling. Just taking it one day at a time.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Aha! No extra food during very busy 12 hour work shift... No vending machine purchase was healthy habit today....
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Healthy habit yesterday... Turning down pancakes after open water swim, ten mile bike ride and two mile run.... Pancakes and syrup are double the calories I expended....
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat, friends. Having trouble getting back on track after a super indulgent time with family at the beach. But, there's plenty to do here with gardening and general yard work as well as helping my beau with kitchen cabinet construction in our dome. I am impressed by everyone's commitment to getting back to healthier habits. The daily healthy habit report, @barbhat13 , is a good and attainable approach. We do need to acknowledge when we are doing the right thing. Thanks for the inspiration!

Here's a photo with my first giant Italian squash harvested from the garden. This is a fun and vigorous heirloom variety that I am eager to taste. We'll see!

Have a great weekend!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    What a great looking garden! CumberlandGrammy.
    Today's healthy habit was making healthy lunch and dinner for work ( shrimp tacos!)
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Hmm. Reading a book that links a cluttered house to overweight.... deficiency of self regulation
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    What if it's your husband's clutter? LOL
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get a copy of Intuitive Eating. Seems to be misplaced at our library. May go ahead and buy a copy. I am pretty good, I think, about minimizing clutter. So I don't think I can attribute this increase in my waistline to anything other than my snacking and not vigorous enough exercise. Ah well, back to working on it!