Fitbit/MFP

Options
tinakowalik
tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
Hello all. Just wondering if I need to manually add my exercise to MFP? I noticed that my steps will automatically log, but exercise does not. Little confused on this part.

Replies

• alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah i think you do. I went for a 2.5 mile walk and a 7.5 cycle but it only logged the steps for the walk. On the dashboard it shows that i was cycling, even though i didn't tell the app.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    If you want your exercise to show on your feed for your friends to see, you can log it manually. Make sure you log the exact time you start and finish your exercise too so that it doesn't log the exercise twice. It won't if your times are correct. If you don't want to log your exercise, you don't have to. Fitbit will do it for you. It really is a personal choice.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercise and Fitbit you have if you even "need" to manually add exercise.

As to needing to on MFP - no, you can log it on Fitbit too, and in fact their math for the database entries lends itself to better accuracy.
    May not matter for some exercise for short time weekly, but may matter for other that is longer.

Also, you may be expecting something that isn't supposed to happen either - read the FAQ in the stickies for clarification as to what is supposed to happen.