week of Aug 14th

SweetPeasMom55
SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,402 Member
I am on vacation this week and this time I can not go on a binge fest like last time.
All my activities depend on the weather so I am just going to play it day by day.

We finally got some rain yesterday but we need it to rain everyday for a while to be of any help.
@CumberlandGrammy your garden looks beautiful!!!! This fall I do believe I will be hauling manure to my mom and dads garden to refresh the earth over the winter. OY I swear my brother better not say a thing about the fact I am the executor when the day comes as I am constantly doing things over there and he doesn't even come home once a year to visit. My sister says she will smack him for me.

I will update during the week

Have a great week and stay strong everyone!!

Replies

• CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Wow, @2020pinktogo , that is a gift of love! Wish I had someone hauling manure for my garden. But seriously, taking care of your aging parents is a labor of love.

Ok, I am getting back to basics here... Goals this week are to log everything: food, water, exercise. I've been too lax, thinking I could be, and am not happy with my results. Clothes are getting snug across my belly. So starting today, August 14, I am back to tracking.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,402 Member
    Well pruning is done as well as painting the screen door. hubby hasn't noticed a thing yet, why do I bother.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Only goal this week is logging food 100%....
  • barbhat13
    Wow... Amazing how much food I can consume on a day off not even eating out..... Obviously I have not been logging in much....
  • CumberlandGrammy
    I found the same, @barbhat13 . Explains my weight gain for sure.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Back to logging, so figured I'd check in and see how everyone is doing. Stressful summer and it just got to me for a while.

Goal for the week is to log everything and stay under calories.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 732 Member
    Finally unpacked scale this morning after my move end of July.

CW is 204.4

SW was 207 so down 2.6 so far. Very glad that I didn't have a gain after this past stressful month.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    So glad to have you touch base here, @lemurcat12 . You have been missed. Hope this week goes well for you, easing back into your logging and such.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Been a long summer here too. It's all finally getting better and more back to normal. Hope to finally start getting rid of the 11 pounds I've picked up over the past two months.
  • barbhat13
    Dropped two pounds this week... Silly to not log... Amazing how much I was snacking.... When I was sick, I couldn't eat anything just carbs.... And just lost all good eating habits plus being on steroids, I gained over ten pounds. But logging this week shows me how much I was just mindlessly eating. So onward!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    So glad to have you touch base here, @lemurcat12 . You have been missed. Hope this week goes well for you, easing back into your logging and such.

Thanks! Doing okay so far, but the weekend will be harder.

Glad to be back. Have missed "seeing" everyone.
  • barbhat13
    Healthy habit today.... Mindful grocery shopping.... My once a month restock.... Left out items I can overindulge in but not necessarily bad... like crackers and cereal.... Things I tend to pig out on.... And no Friday night unhealthy pig out items!
  • CumberlandGrammy
    Oh boy, that's a GOOD one, @barbhat13 !