Siblings options during when the next baby is being born

Options
For those with kids already, what did you do/are you planning to do with your older child while you are in the hospital?

Replies

• TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have two older 8 years old (previous relationship) and a 1.5 year old! The 8 year old will stay at her dads and the 1.5 year old will stay with my mother n law we are very lucky to have her she is a stay at home mom (lives in Longview) so she will just come down her to stay with us for a couple of days :)
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The grandparents met us at the hospital and stayed with our 6 year old in the waiting room all day. Long day but he handled it well! He then went home with my husband's parents until we were out of the hospital.
  • lesleykc
    lesleykc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My MIL is watching our 2 year old daughter at our house (as well as taking care of our dogs!) but we had offers from my parents and my sister as well. I should add I'm having a scheduled c section so planning was easy. In the event I go early, my parents are on call because they live about 10 minutes away.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My deliveries are all scheduled since we found at during the 1st kid that I don't progress once my water breaks. No dilation at all...

So, my mom will take my boys. With #2 son my mom took my older boy for 4 days. With this one, the plan is she will take both boys for at least the day I give birth. If I have no complications, hubs will likely take care of them after the actual day #3 son comes.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    We have custody of DH's twins, but they are 14 so they will most likely take care of themselves.
    My girls' dad will keep them until I come home, and then we will resume our regular custody schedule.

When I was pregnant with my first, my adopted daughter (my exhusbands from his first marriage, mom bailed) went to stay with his parents at night for the week leading up to delivery incase we went at night. She came home in the morning, and we took her over after dinner in the evening. We only lived a few blocks away so it wasn't TOO big of a pain.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I was 9 when my youngest brother was born. My other younger brother & I stayed at one of my parent's friend's house for about a day.

TTC our first, so I don't have any insight from this side of the experience.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I had arrangements for my mom to come watch my 2 year old daughter for that day/night. The day my son was born my mom went to a bridal shower but checked with me just in case before she left. I was all "Mom don't worry I feel fine" a few hours later I was in active labour and she had to leave early. Thankfully it wasn't too far away! :p
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My parents
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that some of my family will be able to come down and stay with my older two. I'm pretty confident that my sister will, since she'll be living in the area for a little bit before the baby comes. If not, I'll ask a friend, I guess.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Just ask around and see who can make them selves available to you around your due date to help with the kids x