adjusting to changing my work etc schedule

Options
neandermagnon
neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
well due to new clients, another new job, the school holidays, my husband going to another country for 3 weeks and probably other stuff I've forgotten about, my daily schedule has completely changed and i'm not settled in a new routine yet. I'm not very good at this kind of thing, although I should be fine when I'm back in a routine (until the next time it changes again....)

anyway, I've managed to miss a few training sessions and I wish I could call it a rest and recovery week, but my eating's been all over the place as well (lack of planning).... but I really need to get back to lifting ASAP and ensure it's part of my new weekly routine, my question is whether after this break of not lifting and erratic eating (not enough protein or fat but too much carbs, probably not enough calories for bulking overall) if I should just go right back into the programme with the weights I was due to do for my next workout, or if I should use slightly lighter weights for the first workout back to get back into it, then go back to the workout I was supposed to do next.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    Depends. If you miss at least 6 workouts. Go ahead and deload when you get back at it.
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    If it was me - I would personally do a slight reload - just to ensure your form is still good after a break (life - likes to get in the way of everything sometimes!)

If my form felt good - I would then go from there - I think a slight step back would ensure you can go forward, feeling confident.

Hope everything settles a bit for you soon
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    thank you :) I do feel like I need a mini deaload... not sure if I've actually missed 6 actual workouts or not, it's been that crazy I've lost count!! I'll see how my form feels as well, because I don't want to just dive in with messed up form.

Had another hectic day today, still got to do supermarket shopping after dinner...!! tomorrow should be calmer!!! I've worked out the best days for lifting in my new schedule is mon, wed, fri. so that'll be tomorrow!! Should be free tomorrow afternoon and wednesday afternoon, and my current weekend is thurs-fri (though technically the Bahraini weekend is fri-sat)