General Chat

Options
glassofroses
glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
A thread for general chit chat in the hopes of getting us all back in the community spirit. I'm honestly shocked that there haven't been any new posts/comments in the thread since June. What exactly has distracted us all?

Anyway, go, be free and bring whatever you want to the thread table. :kissing_heart:

Replies

• bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share a quote "If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I so desperately wanted to be where I am now".

This journey isn't always linear. It isn't always our number one priority. I plateaued for about three months, but it was a strategic decision. Made sure I exercised and ate reasonably enough that I didn't gain back any of the 35 pounds I lost, but I was dealing with my husband leaving, focusing on my son's mental wellness, going through an intense selection process for an executive position at work, and going to school 10 hours a day to recertify as fluently bilingual in French. It was a lot, and I figured that as long as could keep 'treading water' in the weight loss department, while taking care of everything else that was going on in my life, that would be a win.

Three weeks ago, I successfully recertified in French. Yesterday, the official notification of my appointment as an executive was posted on the federal jobs site. My son has been doing better every day. And in the last two weeks, I lost three pounds. With 'life' settling down, I feel like I am ready to put the focus back into weight loss - but because I at least stayed focused enough not to regain any of the weight I lost I am still moving forward. Not from where I started, but from where I left off. And that is no small thing.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I don't like that it would let me pick both awesome and inspiring. :disappointed:

As someone who got stressed, had their mother taken into hospital unexpectedly, and gained 10ish lbs, I feel this on a spiritual level. I've lost 5lbs of my gain so far but I've done it so much more healthily than I did my original weight loss. It was very all or nothing, which to a point, worked for me, but it's no way to live. I am so much stronger for gaining that little bit of weight back. Everyone wants a linear 'perfect' journey and I had that. I hit my goal weight without ever gaining back or even plateauing and I can tell you, it's *kitten*. It doesn't teach you anything other than to say no to everything. I'm not about that life, and you should be either. :smiley:
  • CHERHUN
    CHERHUN Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    IS ANYONE ELSE THER TIRED OF GETTING FRIEND REQUEST FROM YOUNG GIRLS SPEADING THIER LEGS OPEN OR STANDING SHOW THIER *kitten* WITH PANTS PULLED DOWN ? PP HAS GOT TO PUT A STOP TO THIS