Favorite or New Workout Plans

Options
Momma2Boyz
Momma2Boyz Posts: 7 Member
Does anyone have a favorite workout plan or new plan they are going to try? I would love to hear what is working for everyone. Also, if you are starting a new plan it would be great to hear how it progresses for you.

When I lost weight before I was jogging about 4 days a week, however, since surgery my foot isn't quite ready to kick into it. I used C25K to start running last time, and I am going to give it a shot again, but with a new app.

5K Runner: 0 to 5K Trainer
This is an 8 week program that works you from not running at all to being able to run a 5K (they also have a 10k version). You do have to buy the Pro version to get all 8 weeks of training ($2.99)

One thing with my workouts last time was that I was not doing any strength training or toning (I was recovering from shoulder surgery...I know I feel like I'm falling apart at the seams as I'm getting older).

While "playing" with the app I found training programs that you can pair with the 5K. I chose one called Women Body Tone. It was a bundle of 4 more apps ($6.99) It comes with Great Abs, Legs, Butt & 7 Minute Workout. These are also 8 week programs 3 days a week, and are designed to be done on your non-running days.

I don't ever pay for apps, everything I have on my phone was free except for these...and I just got them yesterday. I don't want to pay for a gym membership that I do not have time to go to. And once there, what do I do. For me the $10 for these was worth it, and I hope I can be just as successful with then as the C25K (which is free for anyone who wants to check it out, they also have a 10k. The C is for couch :smile: ). This I can do at home, and my kids ride their bikes while I run so it gets everyone out...even the dogs.

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing for exercise. If multiple people are doing the same thing we could always start new discussions for those programs for everyone to stay in touch on how it is going for them. Posting successes can inspire others, and if we are struggling what better place to voice those and get support to get back on track or try something else.

Best wishes everyone! Have a great week!