hi

Options
SonyaCele
SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
Hi, the JC site is broken, so i came here.

Replies

• reads2kids
    reads2kids Posts: 14
    Options
    I wondered if anyone would come over. I don't post there but check it often to keep me on track. I'm worried with all of the changes Jenny Craig is making that the forums are being monkeyed with.
  • pcain123
    pcain123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sonya--So glad to see your comment on MFP! I have no idea about the JC forums either--I went on vacation (no internet for over a week) and come home to a crazy messed up JC site. Thanks for letting us know where this group was.
  • SonyaCele
    Options
    i'm worried about some of the other ladies, i hope they are ok! i know they need to the forum to stay on track, and the weekend is probably the worst time for it to be broken. if you have any of their private emails, tell them to head to mfp.

and a quick thanks to the group moderator for creating this group!! I hope we can get it a bit more active!!
  • Babyrn86
    Babyrn86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up about the group!
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies!
    I created this group in hopes it would take off, but as with most things in life... it's starts out like gang busters and then fizzles out!

I haven't been on the JC forums in quite a long time. I kind of found that there were so many of them that I had a hard time finding one group I felt I could belong with. There used to be a very active JC forum on Spark People, but it too eventually died off. I really like MFP, for lots of reasons, so I hoped we could set up something here.

It's funny... every JCC I've ever spoken with (mine keep getting promoted, so I end up with someone new about every 4 weeks :cry: ) tells me they use MFP, especially for tracking food and exercise. That tells me even they find fault with their own website!

About me -- I started Jenny about a year ago and did very well.... lost nearly 40 pounds in a matter of months. But then I had some big setbacks... my favorite JCC left, I had a couple of deaths in the family, and I was diagnosed with Lupus. I've slowly been coming back around. I just met with a new JCC last week. I'm not sure she and I click (she's really young and a total cheerleader!) but I am giving it a try.

I have my last "fling" of the summer this weekend. My husband and I are joining my sister and her family for a "staycation" at the Westin here in San Antonio. Guys will play golf, girls will lay by the pool. We will probably have at least one "bad" meal, but I've learned not to sweat those situations, but just enjoy them and get back on the wagon right after. So that means starting Monday, I'll be all about Jenny, all the time. I've stocked my freezer so I'm ready to go! I have my chicken stuffed sandwich and some sliced cucumbers ready for lunch today, and am already planning for some kind of yummy JC pasta thing and a big salad for dinner.

Hope to get to know you all better!
    Ann
  • MCranLopez
    Options
    So glad to have found this group here (Thanks Sonya for posting the link in the JC forums) and thanks Ann for creating the group in the first place!

I love MFP even more than the JC forums :) Hope you all are doing well!
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just checking in... how is everyone doing?
    No matter how hard I try, I am getting derailed from my JC plan. I took what I think will be my last summer "event" this past weekend and decided this week I would be "all jenny, all the time." Sure enough, all was going great and I had unexpected family drop in for a couple of overnights. Since they live in a pretty rural area, they wanted to go out for dinner. I managed to talk them away from Mexican food (a staple in South Texas) and over to Souper Salad. I fixed myself a huge plate of tossed salad and chose the FF dressing.

But honestly, I really want to do the Jenny thing full time! I know it will show up on the scale -- because it has in the past.
    I sent them a message today to "don't wait for me for dinner" in hopes they will do their own dinner, and I can do my JC chicken carbonara when I get home. I guess we will see.

Ann
  • SonyaCele
    Options
    Hi anne, when i started JC i had to put everything else in my life on hold, and put my own needs first. It was hard but it wasn't forever, and i made a committment to myself to just do it. Everyone around me knew i wasn't going out to eat, and i wasn't eating dniner at the dinner table with them , and dont bring tempting food around me. I had to put my social life, and everyting on hold. But it was so worth it,t he best investment i made to myself. It was only for about 6 or 7 months , at which point i began venturing out to eat or to dinner parties, i was emotionally strong enough to make good decisions. You can do it, if you make it a priority and tell everyone else to just wait. There isnt anything wrong with making your needs top priority for a few months.