Switching from Fitbit HR to Apple Watch

Options
2»

Replies

• Naruya
    Naruya Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking for a step tracker then I'm not sure Apple Watch is the device for you. Don't get me wrong, I love my Apple Watch, but the price tag is a bit hefty if you use it for just that. I've also had a Fitbit before and the syncing with MFP works about the same. Fitbit/Apple Watch both send a total calories burned for the day to MFP and this is added as an adjustment to MFP.

As for the Challenges.. there's really nothing like that on it. You do get badges for completing certain criteria, for example: most calories burned on certain workout, reach goal every day of the week, work out 7 times in one week, etc.

Other than that it works about the same. It tracks your steps, exercise minutes and your active calories burned. Add that to your BMR and you get your total calories burned for the day (this gets done automatically if you sync with MFP).

The series 2 is fully waterproof and enable you to do swimming workouts. It also has GPS so you don't have to take your phone on runs. If this doesn't interest you I'd save some money and get the series 1 instead.