Week 21 Daily Check-In Thread for (Monday August 22nd through Sunday August 28th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Week 21 !!! Crazy right?

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    How is everyone's week starting off? The past few days have been really good for me. My glucose readings are going down. It's funny what I think is a high reading now, only a week ago I would have thought low and would have cheered myself. Also, I'm finding it much easier to stay near my health coaches' recommendation of 1500 calories/ day. 4 of the past 6 days have been 1550 or lower (down to 1284), and 2 days have been at my original goal of 1900. So it's been averaging out to about 1600/day. That's pretty close, right? And I know I'll continue to have fewer of the high days. My downfall is that I hate exercising. :(
  • heatherc369
    Options
    So far so good here ! I surpassed my step and water goal, ate within my calories and did my usual (10) Sets of 20 Squats (10) Sets of 12 Lunges and (10) Sets of 30 Calf Raises. Did a 50 min chest workout as well
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I fess up... Bebes went back to school today... And I chose to go for brunch with the fellow mamas! Brunch was healthy Greek omelette... Mimosas have orange juice which is made with oranges which are healthy, right? :P only two!! And I wasn't driving... Hehe stayed within calories and surpassed my steps! Not bad for my day of celebration.... :P ok ok, I did miss my monkeys!
    First day of 5th AND 6th... Middle schooler in tha house! I'm getting old!
    And to top it off, I was trying to read something on my phone while brunching, and I kept doing the squinting thing, my girlfriend handed me her reading glasses, and OOOMMMGGG I had no idea I was missing out on such crisp letters!!! I think I'm gonna have to find me some of those reading glasses sold at Walmart!!! I was floored.... Hahahaha
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    can I share my excitement with all of you? 2 hours after a meal your glucose reading should be under 160. Today, for the first time, mine was in the NORMAL range! Only 135!!! I am so freaking excited. The metformin is doing its part, and I am doing mine.

@NadiaMayl sounds like you did pretty good for an outing with the gals. I'm with you on the reading glasses. I'm in need of bifocals, and I feel I'm not old enough for that. lol
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 great job on surpassing your goals. Your exercise is outstanding!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @NadiaMayl I think you did great for the first day off.. It sounds like a fantastic time was had :)
    @heatherc369 you are still killing it :) you're so damn consistent..I'm watching and gonna work hard too.
    @AZLisaLou that's so great about your numbers! And I'd say 1600 on average is a great deficit.. Keep it up!

I ate within my cal goals, nailed macros and water goals and got to the gym tonight. I felt so weak..blah.. but I did pretty good anyhow.

Warmup incline walk/sprints .6 miles
    Squats 5x5 115 lbs (I dropped 30lbs from 145 so I could work on form again)
    Bench press 3x4 at 90lbs, couldn't get my 5reps so dropped weight to 85 and did last 2 sets of 5ea.
    Pendlay Rows 5x5 100lbs! Woohoo!
    Face-pulls 3x12 60lbs
  • heatherc369
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    I fess up... Bebes went back to school today... And I chose to go for brunch with the fellow mamas! Brunch was healthy Greek omelette... Mimosas have orange juice which is made with oranges which are healthy, right? :P only two!! And I wasn't driving... Hehe stayed within calories and surpassed my steps! Not bad for my day of celebration.... :P ok ok, I did miss my monkeys!
    First day of 5th AND 6th... Middle schooler in tha house! I'm getting old!
    And to top it off, I was trying to read something on my phone while brunching, and I kept doing the squinting thing, my girlfriend handed me her reading glasses, and OOOMMMGGG I had no idea I was missing out on such crisp letters!!! I think I'm gonna have to find me some of those reading glasses sold at Walmart!!! I was floored.... Hahahaha

Oh em gee I had no idea what I was missing enter until I went for an eye exam bc I thought I only had bad night vision, boy was I wrong! Wear glasses all the time now lol
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Kerryatoon wrote: »
    @NadiaMayl I think you did great for the first day off.. It sounds like a fantastic time was had :)
    @heatherc369 you are still killing it :) you're so damn consistent..I'm watching and gonna work hard too.
    @AZLisaLou that's so great about your numbers! And I'd say 1600 on average is a great deficit.. Keep it up!

I ate within my cal goals, nailed macros and water goals and got to the gym tonight. I felt so weak..blah.. but I did pretty good anyhow.

Warmup incline walk/sprints .6 miles
    Squats 5x5 115 lbs (I dropped 30lbs from 145 so I could work on form again)
    Bench press 3x4 at 90lbs, couldn't get my 5reps so dropped weight to 85 and did last 2 sets of 5ea.
    Pendlay Rows 5x5 100lbs! Woohoo!
    Face-pulls 3x12 60lbs

I envy your workouts girl!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I surpassed my step and water goal, ate within my calories (well sort of,I never used to eat back my exercise calories but lately have been super hungry so ive been eating about half back) and did my usual (10) Sets of 20 Squats (10) Sets of 12 Lunges and (10) Sets of 30 Calf Raises then I did 10 mins of hardcore non-stop abs followed by (5) Sets of 10 Squats with a 20 lb dumbell in each hand and (5) Sets of 10 Lunges with a 20lb dumbell in each hand.
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    5ba2gwzcc29h.jpeg
    My glasses and I .... Oh and my red strand of hair symbolizing I turned 40 and I am still a rebel... Uhm, ok, not a rebel really, but at least I didn't buy a new car or had a fling with the pool boy (which is asinine since I'm the pool boy)!!!! Hehehe
    I'm not even going to post about my day, I am accountable for achieving nothing regarding fitness..... 'Morrow, I pwomise!!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    @NadiaMayl lolololol!!!! love the glasses and the red splash. Lol about the pool boy.. I'd say a fling with yourself is permitted though right?! You're looking great! :)
    @heatherc369 good job on getting those squats and lunges with BB's! That's the weight I started with.. keep it up :)

Yesterday I LOGGED EVERYTHING.. even the stupid pound cake I could not resist at 9pm. Ok well still within the high range of my TDEE cal goals. Met my water goals but workout was a rest day. Will be going to gym tomorrow (Thurs). Need to get my step counter back out but it's still over 100 degrees here and at 67% humiditiy today!!!GAH! so its' still too hot to get steps in easily. Will get it tomorrow and work on step goals in the warehouse where I work. Time to get to work. I'll check in tonight! :)
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    what do you do when you're a food addict, especially sweets, and it's your husband's 50th birthday and he wants pie for dinner? I know there's no way I can resist. I'll try to take a small piece with no ice cream on top.

@NadiaMayl Pretty!!! love the glasses and the flare of red.

@heatherc369 I read recently that you're actually supposed to eat back your calories. I don't remember exactly what it said, but something to do with if you're eating at a deficit and then exercise, your body doesn't have enough fuel to function properly and doesn't burn the right stuff (or something like that). What is your school of thought?
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @NadiaMayl you are too Fricken funny!! Looking good with your specs!
    @Kerryatoon thanks girl, we all gota start somewhere ! Just wish I had a squat rack !! Where is it you live ? I have probably asked before lol
    @AZLisaLou I have read the same thing but I never felt the urge or need, but now my body is telling me I need it I think lol
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I surpassed my step and water goal, ate within my calories (well sort of,I never used to eat back my exercise calories but lately have been super hungry so ive been eating about half back) and did my usual (10) Sets of 20 Squats (10) Sets of 12 Lunges and (10) Sets of 30 Calf Raises then we did our usual 60 minute "park day" and played kickball, basketball, did some of the exercise machines and stuff #WontQuitTilImFit #fitchick #fitness #weightloss #iwantmybodyback #nomorefat #MFP #dedication #commitment #dontwishforitworkforit #determination #timetotone #weightlossjourney #weightlosstransformation #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #workinprogress #showmetheguns
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 great job on all the exercise! I wish I was like you in the exercise department.

Well, hubby's birthday is over. I went over my calories for the day for the exact calories of the slice of pie, so I think I did ok overall. The surprising part was that after a pasta dinner and a (pretty big) slice of pie, 2 hours after I ate my glucose reading was just a little over the high end of normal. I thought for sure I'd be 150 points over at least. I was happily surprised. The Metformin is working, which is good to see.

Today is a new day, and I'm planning out my menu for the rest of it. I'm back on track. I allowed my son to eat the last slice of pie for breakfast so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it throughout the day. I just can't resist sugary treats. Hoping I can finish my day around my health advisor's recommended calories rather than my own higher calorie goal. I really need to work on my overall carb intake too. That's been a little too high.

Have a happy day everyone!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I surpassed my step and water goal, ate within my calories (well sort of,I never used to eat back my exercise calories but lately have been super hungry so ive been eating about half back) and did my usual (10) Sets of 20 Squats (10) Sets of 12 Lunges and (10) Sets of 50+ Calf Raises then I did 60 minutes of bi's and tri's (4) Sets of 15 of all of the following all with 10 lbs dumbells : bicep curls, preacher curls, Arnold Press, tricep extension, tricep Dips and bent over tricep extensions #WontQuitTilImFit #fitchick #fitness #weightloss #iwantmybodyback #nomorefat #MFP #dedication #commitment #dontwishforitworkforit #determination #timetotone #weightlossjourney #weightlosstransformation #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #workinprogress #showmetheguns
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    HI ladies! Well I met my goal of logging all food today! Ate at my calorie goals, really close on my macros, met water goals and killed my gym night! Woohoo!
    80 days smoke free!

Walk/sprint incline treadmill 0.6 miles warmup
    Squats-5x5 90lbs (warmup) 5x5 120 lbs (form was on point :)
    Overhead Press - 5x5 55lbs (warmup) 5x5 65 lbs!!! First time I nailed all reps at this weight!!! Gah been plateaued at 60 for several weeks! Rawr!!
    Deadlift - 1x5 115lbs (warmup) 1x5 155lbs! Felt amazeballs!
    Face pulls 2x12 60lbs
    Upright Barbell Row 2x12 35lbs

Feeling better now that I'm logging again!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    I'm looking back at all your ladies' posts and I see that everyone reports all the exercise they've done. I wish I could even get myself to exercise. Is it even ok for me to be in this group since I only report on my calorie goal successes/failures and my glucose stories? My focus right now is trying to get my food addiction under control. Ugh. I feel like I'm PMS'ing, but it's not time yet. I just want to make sure it's ok for me to be in this group if I'm not exercising like the rest of you are yet.
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    AZLisaLou wrote: »
    I'm looking back at all your ladies' posts and I see that everyone reports all the exercise they've done. I wish I could even get myself to exercise. Is it even ok for me to be in this group since I only report on my calorie goal successes/failures and my glucose stories? My focus right now is trying to get my food addiction under control. Ugh. I feel like I'm PMS'ing, but it's not time yet. I just want to make sure it's ok for me to be in this group if I'm not exercising like the rest of you are yet.
    Of course you're allowed to be here. We all have different statuses in our journeys, you share your achievements, nutritional or otherwise, you come for support when it gets tough, you read where everyone is at, but mostly love YOUR journey. Don't beat yourself over what you think you should be doing, celebrate what you are already doing!!! :)
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    @AZLisaLou absolutely!!! I love that you're here! I love hearing about your journey and I want you to succeed at your goals.. whatever they are! Pretty sure we're all on different paths.. just finding what works for us.
    For example I lost 25lbs pretty fast and furious at a high cal deficit and lots of cardio based exercise.. then I started weightlifting. That became important to me because I am a breast cancer survivor and have been on lifting restrictions the better part of 20 years, recent studies have shown that those with lymphedema like me have done fine with weight training. So I really wanted to start doing that!
    Then I quit smoking.. been sharing about that part of my journey because... it's my journey! @heatherc369 and @NadiaMayl have been super supportive of me in whatever part of my journey. Sometimes we just get on here and vent about our sick kids and ex's (I have ex problems..lol).
    Now I've gained back about 10-12 lbs of my original loss due to a metabolic reset I"m doing plus not caring due to quitting smoking. So I'm back to logging food and working on my personal goals. I love this group because its a small group and we truly care about each other. We miss each other when we're gone and we cheer each other on. I love that heather started this group and the ladies that stick around..and I dunno.. I decided I liked this group and well now you guys are stuck with me! :wink: