General

Options
This is where you can post your struggles, accomplishments, etc. Motivation and support will always be provided. No judgements, but only advice!

Replies

• ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great week-end. I find them difficult. We have been having camp fires every night at the park and all everyone brings is junk food. From candy, bars, chips, soft drink, smores, marsmallows, wieners, its so hard not to give in.I have fallen into either having a smores or a weiner. Tonight is a huge group of us heading to a beach for a fire and actually supper on the fire.I think its time to get serious and pack mine so I am faithful . I am starving myself during the day to have these things and its so not worth it . Anyone else struggle with snacking at events?
  • Photorock
    Photorock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    But definitely! I'm off to a Lake MI party soon and hope I stay strong!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're having a great summer. These campfires should be fun and about spending time with family friends, not stressing about food.. Personally what I would do in your situation is 1)eat healthy throughout the day so you're not famished by the time evening rolls around and 2)pack yummy but healthy snacks, enough to share. Fruits, veggies, popcorn, etc. They would probably appreciate it too. Have fun :)
  • ELEANOR43da
    Options
    Never thought of popcorn, nice choice and something that I don't eat often so it would be a nice treat by the fire. Thanks!
  • bouncingrl
    bouncingrl Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree. I usually take my own food, but yes, enough to share. Sometimes we have to set the example, and I know that can be difficult. I have even gone as far as to bring my own chicken if all they are preparing is hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. I get funny looks, sure, but I feel good about myself and that is what is important.
  • bouncingrl
    Options
    I'm really struggling eating enough. I just don't feel hungry at all. I have to force myself to eat, and that is so hard for me. I know that is why my weight loss has stopped. I'm going to make changes and make sure I start eating more.
  • ELEANOR43da
    Options
    I believe admitting to ourselves that we realize where the reason lies for why we are stuck in different situations on this journey and addressing them is so important. You are aware you are not eating your calories,I know it may be difficult for many ,but try adding extra fruit or veggies, maybe yogurt or something extra with breakfast. I find if I have to fill in I can use foods less in sodium and refined sugar, but high in calories.

For me I have come to a point where I am questioning a choice I made at the beginning of the week. I had set my goal to lose 100 lbs.It gave me 1200 calories and I found I was weak and not eating enough . I am also diabetic so need to be careful. I decided to be more realistic and change my goal to 40 lbs to start with as a short term goal and it gave me 1660.Now I am getting to 1300 and finding I have had enough. The past 3 days I have been coming up with foods and eating for the sake of eating .Things that are making me retain a lot of fluid, making my stomach bloat, my fingers hard to bend because of joint pain and fluid ,and I slept til noon today and still feel sluggish .........................so now what?? Do I just hover the 1200-1300 mark and change my goal to maybe 60-70 pounds to bring the calories down or do I keep the goal where it is now and eat all 1600 calories with these horrible feeling s.So confused.
  • bouncingrl
    Options
    The easiest way to achieve your goals is to break them down into small ones. I would stick with your small goal. What kind of workouts are you doing every day? Are you making sure you get plenty of water? MFP is a guide, and it's not set in stone. You have to do what makes you feel good. Try shooting for about 1400 calories a day. That gives you a medium to work with. It's not as high as 1600 and not as low as 1200. What kinds of foods are you grabbing to just get in your 1600 calories? If you are struggling to get in enough calories, try foods like avocado. They are high in calories, but they are super healthy for you.
  • ELEANOR43da
    Options
    Thanks,I am hovering the 1,400 now and it is more obtainable. I have been filling my plate with salad food, yogurt, and then a good supper. My breakfast has been fine but the past 2 days I seem to sleep right through it . Seems my thyroid is thrown off abit right now. I have just eaten my lunch and it is 4:30 pm almost time for dinner..................I need to begin over and see if alarm clock can get me back on track before I go on holidays . I made a bad choice today by using my kids vachon cakes to fill the void of some of my needed calories and instead got a lot of unwanted refined sugar,ugh!! The same yesterday.I ended up needing so many that I went for not so good choices.

Any other food choices would help, or maybe I just need to get back to the basics!!
  • CatzEyez77
    Options
    Hi all, hope everyone is having an awesome day! :)

I am struggling with motivation to exercise. Haven't been to the gym in almost 2 months. :( Been feeling kind of sad and lonely in recent days. It's just so hard to explain, as I'm not too sure how I actually feel.

A couple weeks back I decided to cut out all caffeine out of my diet, but yesterday I caved and had coffee. And as I type this there is a cup in front of me.

Hopefully this loneliness I'm feeling passes soon.