Is your fitbit Alta accurate?

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
I spend quite a bit of time on the Fitbit Alta forum, and there are hundreds and hundreds of posts of people complaining that their Alta is grossly inaccurate, usually under counting steps. Then there are the dozens of people who have lost theirs, apparently they fall off of your wrist easily.

My Alta seems to be pretty spot on, and it has never even come close to falling off.

What are your experiences and opinions on the Alta?

Replies

• cyndel1964
    cyndel1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that mine undercounts steps when I am pushing a shopping cart or carrying something in the arm with my Alta. Otherwise, it is very accurate.
  • welshgirlhelen
    welshgirlhelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've had my Alta for around 4 weeks now and before it I had a charge- I still do the same job, the same amount of running around after my 3 children yet my steps counted are definitely a lot lower than when I had my charge.It gets discouraging.I bought the Alta because I went through 2 charges with the wrist strap bubbling, peeling and coming away x
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've had my Alta for around 4 weeks now and before it I had a charge- I still do the same job, the same amount of running around after my 3 children yet my steps counted are definitely a lot lower than when I had my charge.It gets discouraging.I bought the Alta because I went through 2 charges with the wrist strap bubbling, peeling and coming away x

I wore my zip and Alta together yesterday, at the end of the day:

Alta- 18,000
    Zip- 21,000

I always thought the zip overestimated, it also picks up the little shuffles around the house, plus the little incidental body movements that i don't think the Alta does. But this doesn't explain the discrepancy between the charge and the Alta, both being wrist worn devices..
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have just got an Alta as a replacement to my broken charge, I find it is pretty much the same as the charge. Both dont seem to count my steps when I'm walking upstairs and add steps when I'm driving, so it sort of cancels each other out. I'm sure they are like for like on step counts, pretty happy with it really.