Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, what did we learn this week?

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I learned i LIKE strength training versus cardio. Learned true eating of and enjoying all my calories for the day is a MUST. No mind games with this anymore..eat, work out, eat the right foods. Enjoying food for sustaining healthy body..not enjoying junk for a short satisfaction.
    Stay well everyone!!!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I learned not to post anything unless specifically asked. :-)
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I learned that I'm tired of exercising. No one local to help me stay motivated or workout with, just the occasional "you can do it"

SO... I joined 2 new groups on here. Lose 50 lbs by New Years and Biggest Loser (starting soon). Hopefully this will help.

On a side note, I did some research on skin removal surgery because I think I will need it. Its freaking expensive!!!!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    If you want you can friend me and I'll harass you relentlessly...okay, not really. I'll be nice and encouraging and stuff. The only person that can motivate you to do something is YOU! Sure, someone can guide you in the right direction, but it's ultimately up to you to lose weight at get fit.

TBH, you're young enough that your skin should snap back into shape, or close to it. It may take a year or more to go all the way, but your weight loss should take a year or more anyway if you're going to do it right.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks Aak. I've been working on this for about a year and a half so far (on MFP for almost a year) Very slow going for me lol. I'm working on getting my motivation back. I think the hard part is that the family offering "you can to it", need to do it too and they know that, but they won't put in the effort. They would rather gripe about being overweight and unhealthy. I really don't want to be hounded about exercise from someone like that.

TBH, I wouldn't mind having extra skin on my arms removed... It would give me an excuse to have a boob job too LOL

ETA: I'm looking for a "home gym" that is very cheap and doesn't take up too much room. I saw a thing with resistance bands that straps to a door. Any suggestions?
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,475 Member
    Options
    I learned that even though I join a challenge, if I'm not happy with the workout...change it or leave the challenge. Not liking the workout in one of my latest challenges hammered my motivation to the point I didn't want to workout at all. I had committed to six weeks but by week three, I disliked the DVD so much it was a struggle to hit PLAY. By week four I was making excuses why I needed a REST DAY...two or three days in a row. When I realized what the problem was, I left the challenge and got back to my regular workouts.

Lesson learned. Now I'm happy!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Chris