Week of August 28th

Options
tress29
tress29 Posts: 614 Member
Hi everyone! I joined the group this morning, even though it's just days from Labor Day. I was on this journey with you all before, but life got in the way this year. I hadn't kept up with the new groups, and haven't been logging consistently.

I fell off the "not eating meat" wagon, which gave me too much freedom to indulge in fast food. Toss in a sinus infection where I lived on popsicles and frozen cokes for two weeks, and Ta-Da! I'm no longer pre-diabetic. As I work to get my diet squared away, and reduce the amount of insulin I have to take, I realize I need to be more accountable and MFP has always been the best way for me to do it.

Since July 10th I've lost 11 pounds. I totally "blame/give credit to" the insulin. I've added back some walking and hope to get back to riding my bike before the weather changes. I'm clearing boxes out of my living room to make floor space to use my old P90 DVDs. It's nice to see names I recognize, and it'll be fun getting to know the rest of you...

Theresa K

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've missed most of this challenge too, but am easing my way back into it.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Well doesn't look like I will be making my original Labor Day goals. But the good news is that I've reached some other very important goals and I'm so happy with those goals that I have chosen to reset my MFP info. :D

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy with those goals that I have chosen to reset my MFP info.
    And sometimes the goals you reach aren't measured with a scale...
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @tress29 , very happy to have you here!

And @JMarcella57 , I like your attitude!

I am rather frustrated with myself in regaining several pounds (3-4 depending on how I look at it) during this challenge. I am at the point where I need to reevaluate what I really want to accomplish. Guess that will be my focus for now...

At any rate, I am thankful for my good health and the many positives in my life.

I appreciate the positive support and camaraderie I've found from folks like all of you here in our group.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @CumberlandGrammy are you going to make our next group? I'm in I did well and then I binged on my first vacation and still haven't knocked off all the weight yet. Now with Halloween candy staring at me everywhere I go I'm having a rough time not buying it.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo , I would be happy to do it, but would also be more than happy to let someone else take the lead. I did not do so well with the set up - couldn't get invitations to work and so some of our former buddies had trouble, and in several cases no luck at all, in finding this particular challenge. Also, some might feel more motivated with a spreadsheet. I actually do have access, finally, to a computer, but am not super savvy with Excel. So, anyone out there willing to take the helm?
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Totally satisfied with you Cumberland granny!