Sign-ins, September 22

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks for sharing some Non Scale Victories. That is one of the things that I like about the UAC. It's a challenge that celebrates being accountable by doing exercise and limiting calories...it's not just a mad dash to the scale.
    Hope you had some fun today...did you?
    Rick
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    NSVs ROCK!! My clothes actually fit and feel better!! It's such a nice feeling! We were at the Atlanta International Airport today picking up my friend after a week in Paris! The sweet smells of food drifting out of the shops were almost hypnotic! But I White knuckled through it! Lol!
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes! 53 minutes jogging a 5k at Kiesel Park.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!
    Did I have fun?? Yes!!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    70 minutes slow walk. I was a day behind for the last few days in my challenges and caught up yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't have the energy to do today's work! It's been a rough week & I'm exhausted. It's all good - I had an amazing loss this week and I'll catch up again. I still haven't been able to do the 2 minute 30 second plank and the challenge is now asking for a 3 minute! Oy vey!

I went to the ER this morning at 2a.m. My heart had been racing off & on all day and I wasn't sure if it was stress, a heart attack, the new medicine or indigestion. Thankfully my tests, x-ray & scan are all clear. Oddly my resting heart rate is slower than most (normal range is 60-100 & last night mine was 47/8-61). Doctor said may have slight anemia and sure enough the blood work showed that I'm a tad iron deficient. Also my liver is not functioning as optimally as I would like. I will address this with my doctor because she had been monitoring me for over a year (I was taking a migraine medication that affects the liver.) Feel relieved - knowledge is power, but I had the same sensation twice today . . . odd.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    9/22 &9/21 Yes/Yes/Yes
    I think I am starting to get a grasp of it all. I say give me a month and I will feel pretty darn comfortable. I have to say the other new hire is very aggressive. I have to remember to block out what is going on around me and just focus on the positive.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.. 60 minutes strength training
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 10 minutes elliptical, 5 minutes stair master and 10 minutes strength training. Not my normal routine but I had my first update with the trainer at the gym since I started a month ago. Nine pounds lighters and between all the measurements (waist, hips, chest, thighs, arms....) a grand total of 8 inches lost - woot!

She told me something interesting. The work you do today won't show for 7 days... Your body has a 7 day "processing" time. Which she explains is why after a huge thanksgiving turkey dinner the next day you've only gained a pound but five days later you're wondering how you're up another 4 pounds. So don't fret when the scale doesn't move the day after an excruciating workout - check on it seven days later for the actual results!!

• jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    September 22, 2016

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes (moderate as today is my off day, so I parked further away and used the stairs)

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I stay within my calories budget? Yes! The snicker doodle was worth it!!!
    Did I track everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hi,
    Today was a long day of work and a public presentation this evening.
    Calories were 30% below the limit
    Exercise was just a stroll of 25 minutes= Ok
    Tracking was fine.
    Tomorrow is a hard day of exercise. They cannot all be hard days of exercise.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I made it through my exercise 45 minutes of a fast paced walk. Also paced the living room for 15 minutes to get the remainder of my steps in. I am about a week out to get 100 days of 10k steps or higher. :) Next week I am going to try and start adding in some more yoga.

Made my calorie goal, and logged everything I ate. Even the dang Twinkie. Thank goodness there are no more left.
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 60 minute Osteo Impact class, 60 minute Yoga class, and 60 minutes strength training.