Sign-ins, September 4

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    As we press on toward the goal, at times, we hear a small voice of temptation saying things to us like this...
    Chocolate comes from a tree. A tree is a plant, so chocolate must be a salad.
    Chocolate is never my trigger food...pizza, cheesy snacks...that is when I hear the small voice of temptation screaming at me!
    Rick
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL since focusing on my cholesterol issue, I've become acutely aware of my love of all things artery-clogging - red meat, cheese, ice cream, eggs, shellfish, butter, cream cheese, sour cream . . . Ahhh, the good old days, LOL!

Don't feel too bad for me, I do eat these things - in moderation! Life isn't worth living without ice cream, but I buy So Delicious foods now & save the real-deal treat for when I'm eating out. Surprisingly, I haven't had pizza in over two months - that was a family Friday night staple. Eventually I'll learn to make cauliflower crust and try to make my own with vegan cheese. So many of those vegan products use palm oil and I'm not a fan of the palm oil process - not a very earth-friendly product!

I try not to focus on what I can't have and just enjoy all that I can enjoy! Have a goal-busting day everyone!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul if you put mushrooms on your pizza just use a portabella mushroom cap as your crust. I have a problem with gluten but still spurged on pizza only to die for doing it. Then one of my friends told me about the mushroom base and I love it plus no tummy issues.
  • bexsh13
    bexsh13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes :)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes :)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes :D
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pass day for me today!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    8/4 yes/yes/yes
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 90 minutes strength training, 60 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 20min casual walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

• jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes (walked around the lake 2h18min plus over 20,000 steps for the day)

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?I tried to log all that I could but realized I pick and graze too much and it's harder to log accurately. This I must change to reach my goal. But I did the best I could. I hope this still counts as good?? I am not happy with myself:( I started off soooo strong today:(

Maybe I should pass? Such a shame as I started off so well! Phooey!
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes/ yes/ yes! Got over 9,000 steps in on the Fitbit for 3.8 miles! I've got to step it up with drinking more water!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    9/4

Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Track: Yes
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip @2020pinktogo!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    8,749 steps | 3.65 miles | 73 minutes
    + Day 4 Challenges + Beach Day!

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Over by 14 calories :(

• Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes... A 4 mile circuit at 4 mph (walk/jog) plus another three hours walking around some historical spots today, enjoying the weather!

My Achilles heel is sugar. Not chocolate - just your run of the mill candy: twizzlers, hot tamales, skittles... It's taken me a long time to realize that fat free in no way means calorie free!! I still imbibe the occasional fireball, but that's a far cry from an entire bag of twizzlers.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 77 min outdoor bike ride- 15.44 miles -- 638 cals
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I exercised for the last 3 days with an hour plus walking each day.
    Logged all three days.
    Under calories all 3 days.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    @RangerRickL since focusing on my cholesterol issue, I've become acutely aware of my love of all things artery-clogging - red meat, cheese, ice cream, eggs, shellfish, butter, cream cheese, sour cream . . . Ahhh, the good old days, LOL!

Don't feel too bad for me, I do eat these things - in moderation! Life isn't worth living without ice cream, but I buy So Delicious foods now & save the real-deal treat for when I'm eating out. Surprisingly, I haven't had pizza in over two months - that was a family Friday night staple. Eventually I'll learn to make cauliflower crust and try to make my own with vegan cheese. So many of those vegan products use palm oil and I'm not a fan of the palm oil process - not a very earth-friendly product!

I try not to focus on what I can't have and just enjoy all that I can enjoy! Have a goal-busting day everyone!

Hi Miami,
    You are a blessing! Thanks for your sharing. Everyone can benefit when we share in the way that you did today.
    Thanks from me in particular.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 77 min outdoor bike ride- 15.44 miles -- 638 cals

Hi Iam,
    Sounds like you had a great bike ride. Thanks for sharing. Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes... A 4 mile circuit at 4 mph (walk/jog) plus another three hours walking around some historical spots today, enjoying the weather!

My Achilles heel is sugar. Not chocolate - just your run of the mill candy: twizzlers, hot tamales, skittles... It's taken me a long time to realize that fat free in no way means calorie free!! I still imbibe the occasional fireball, but that's a far cry from an entire bag of twizzlers.

Hi Cat,
    Thanks for sharing about the sugar sweet tooth. Mine is the salty snacks that trigger bad behavior. That is why I love the UAC, it keeps me thoughtful.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Here is my Sunday report:
    Great weather again today. I was out on the farm all afternoon and rode my horse, Dixie in a prairie park for over an hour.
    Tracking was good
    Calories: Ok. I was slightly under the max goal.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Yes 4.5 miles