Cravings

Options
enterdanger
enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
Man, I could really go for some meat loaf with mashed potatoes and spinach. That is way heavier than my normal dinner, but meatloaf sounds so amazing right now...and then meatloaf sandwiches for leftovers...with cheese and ketchup.

OH MY GOD what's wrong with me? lol. I've never craved meat in my life.

Anyone else have a craving right this very moment?

Replies

• enterdanger
    Options
    I made meatloaf for dinner. Getting my meatloaf sandwich leftover tomorrow for lunch. Hell yeah. I got my spinach too, but got lazy and had a baked potato instead of making mashed
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Haha I've had so many cravings over the course of my pregnancy so far (32 weeks).
    Most reason one.....jelly beans tonight lol. Had a few and got rid of the craving.
    I've had no weird ones but just specific ones like Shreddies cereal, mozza cheese, feticinni alfredo, Bounty chocolate bar, chocolate croissants!!
    Sometimes it just makes my husband laugh :smiley:
    Gotta love pregnancy lol.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I should buy stock in Hershey's cookies and cream bars, and crisp meat burritos from Taco Time
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I love meatloaf. I actually add dethawed and drained frozen spinach and chopped mushrooms right in to the meat mixture to bulk it out and for added moisture. I also use ground turkey to keep calories down (I've come to prefer ground turkey to ground beef for home cooking anyway). The Better Homes & Gardens meatloaf recipe is what I work off of.

My cravings through this entire pregnancy are for dairy products, esp milk. I feel such a strong pull for it all the time, nothing has been more consistently and unrelentlessly tempting for me than my husband's jug of 2% milk in the fridge. I drink almond milk, but it's not the same, it just doesn't do it for me.

• enterdanger
    Options
    I feel you on the milk thing. I can't drink almond milk since I'm mildly allergic to almonds, but I have been going to town on 2%...and chocolate milk! Who knew chocolate milk was that good?
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Night before last, I managed a whole 3 hours of sleep (/sarcasm). Yesterday I was dragging, and I just wanted protein and carbs all day long. I told DH that for dinner I wanted a breakfast burrito with thick ham steak, potatoes obrien, and all the cheddar cheese. I told him to put so much cheddar on it that he was worried about the babies arteries getting clogged.