week of Sept 4th

Options
Well I didn't really accomplish my goals this summer weight wise but I have tackled so much in my life. Last week I put out my resume got an interview and will be starting a new job. :) After being at my present job for 24 years this was a big step. So this week I have a lot to do as I haven't had a job where you dress up I need clothes . Hopefully with my life moving on I will be able to get my weight loss back on track too.

Have a great week everyone!!

Replies

• CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's big news, @2020pinktogo ! Congratulations!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't really accomplish my goals this summer weight wise but I have tackled so much in my life. Last week I put out my resume got an interview and will be starting a new job. :) After being at my present job for 24 years this was a big step. So this week I have a lot to do as I haven't had a job where you dress up I need clothes . Hopefully with my life moving on I will be able to get my weight loss back on track too.
    Awesome news and happy shopping! :D

I haven't lost weight during this challenge, but haven't really gained either. The things that have been complications through the summer (sleep loss, stress, surgery, recovery) are all better. I've also enjoyed cookouts during the Labor Day Weekend and still maintained the same weight. So now, I guess it's time for me to get back down to weight loss business! B)
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I need a redo!!!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    I need a redo!!!

LOL let's just call it a bust and move on ;)
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess this challenge was a bust of sorts for me too, friends, or looking at it another way, I did one heck of a job maintaining my weight. I am getting ready to take this journey in a completely new direction for me. As one obsessed with stepping on the scale, I am putting ours away. I am also giving up using MFP, so I won't be joining in the next challenge. I don't want to leave all you good folks in a bind. It really didn't take much time or know-how to set up this group. I am much less computer savvy than many of you seem to be. I am confident someone can put it together using the MFP website for guidance as I did.

I am reading a helpful book called Intuitive Eating which is the motivation behind my decision to say I am leaving MFP. The little voice inside me wants to say "just taking a break," but if this approach to intuitive eating is the way to end the yo-yoing dieting, make peace with my body, and ultimately build my healthiest version of myself, then I should be finished for good. We'll see...

I will miss the kind folks I "met" here. Thank you all for your support, and I wish you all the best in your journey to a healthier you! And if you see me back here, well then you'll know ... I'm still kickin' at least! :smile:
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    SW was 207 CW is 203.6 so only a loss of 3.4 lbs. I'll take it considering I wasn't trying to much. It was a busy and stressful summer for sure. Hoping I can make up for it this fall.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Will miss you, Cumberlandgrammy, although I totally get it and have been half out that door myself!

Congrats, 2020pinktogo!
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So can one of you get us going for Halloween challenge? Lemurcat12? Jmarcella57?2020pinktogo?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @lemurcat12 would you be so kind to make the group and let's finish out 2016 if you don't want to tell me how to do it and I'll give it a whirl. Though I am very computer illiterate LOL.

Best of luck @CumberlandGrammy you will be missed soo. <3
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I'll do it over the weekend and make you an administrator too, 2020pinktogo.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    So happy to hear that there will be a "next" challenge. Thank you lemurcat12.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Labor Day Weekend, I ended at about 2.5 pounds up from where I started. At that point, I decided to give it my all through the end of the year. The family is on-board. I have little charts and sayings posted on the fridge and on my laptop wallpaper. I'm basically tired of yo-yo'ing and excuses. I'm down for the next challenge and to getting it done! I started my journey December 2014 at 192.5. Labor Day Weekend, I was bouncing around 165.5 to 166. I got serious. Today, I weighed in at 162.9. I have been in the high 150s to mid 160s (give or take a bit) for way to long now. December 31st my goal is 139. Not easy, but doable.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Sounds good @lemurcat12
    It's so weird yesterday was my last day at my job and Monday I start my new one. As weird as it sounds i grazed when I was miserable and things were so intense at work and even though I was trying so hard with exercise. I never saw my weight changing much due to the work load and all the crap. After giving my notice I just felt so much more content in my life I'm hoping that continues in my next job and the weight will start to come off. I have notice I smile so much more. I may not weigh less yet but it feels like a weight is lifted off my chest which has to be healthier. I also find it weird that I am now a size 8 when I was a size 12-14 I wasn't so critical of my body. Now with the new job and the dressier clothes I want to look just so and my body isn't as firm as it was when it was 20. You know what I just bought spanx I'm going to exercise but if I want a little more support then at this age I'm just going to buy it. My grandmother wore a girdle and there was no shame why should I have any. ;) Plus it will make me think twice before going to the vending machine. LOL ;) Have a great day everyone.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    So excited for your new job. It should make an amazing difference in your life.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    New group here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115980-2016-halloween-challenge-sept-12-oct-30-31

Invite anyone you like. I'll add the spreadsheet and send invitations later today.