stacicali
stacicali Posts: 137 Member
Good stuff. This article mentions PCOS studies multiple times:
https://authoritynutrition.com/14-ways-to-lower-insulin/

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Considering that insulin levels have been the bane of my existence for decades now, I'm SOOOOOO beyond ridiculously excited to go read this article. From what I've learned, insulin levels are like the ugly red-headed step child of PCOS/conception issues. If insulin is wacky, it throws off EVERYTHING ELSE...and vice versa... Stopping the soap box now to go read!! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I will add a warning - be careful with the cinnamon thing. If you are IR, but your glucose is controlled, adding cinnamon can create havoc. For me, it triggered postprandial somnolence (passing out after eating). It was so NOT FUN. I had this with carbage, but it was worsened or triggered alone with low carb issues - with the cinnamon...

I didn't know fully how the ACV or soluble fiber worked, but I do not agree that calorie restriction is needed - and can actually damage the metabolism long term. If you're intermittent fasting, you still need to get your daily calories, so that will have more calorie intake in a shorter time frame... *sigh*