From Charge to Surge

Options
andyluvv
andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
Hey guys
So I just upgraded my charge hr to a surge. I saw online that it's great for tracking hr when doing weights training something that I felt was a bit bad with the charge hr.
I was just wondering (and perhaps needing some weight off my conscience) is it really an upgrade? I was tempted by the blaze but I heard it's not as good for weights and the battery is relatively poor. Any feedback is appreciated!

Replies

• uhcougar2
    uhcougar2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I "upgraded" over a year ago, and frankly it's not worth the extra 100. It's more generous with what's counts as a step and especially floors and the heart rate is often off. For the things they both do, the Charge is more accurate. Would have switched back but gave the Charge to my niece.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I inherited my Surge from my husband, who got bored with it. I loved my Charge HR, really like the Surge, but took a while to get used to the bulky feel of it. I switch between them now.
  • andyluvv
    Options
    That's disappointing! I've switched from a store and paid just a bit more. I've noticed that the surge has a continuous heart rate which I didn't get from the charge hr (it'd often take a while to sync and get any heart rate data) steps seem the same so far.
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did that too but got my surge on eBay for $175. I prefer the charge hr so def not worth the extra cash. And it's so bulky
  • andyluvv
    Options
    Well, after a few days with it I have to say I'm getting used to the "bulk" - I like to have the display on my screen and also that the HR seems current without a constant need to "sync" like I had with the HR.
    So yeah, happy with it I think?
    I also compared the burn from it with a chest heart rate and they were comparably close.