1 1/2 yrs out - stuck

Options
Grandma42
Grandma42 Posts: 4 Member
I m about 1 1/2 yrs out and Im stuck. Haven't lost anything in months. Im pretty close to my goal weight, but not there yet. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Replies

• TKKeith
    TKKeith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been at same weight for year or better. I wasn't keep track of my eating like I should, I did exersized but feel this kept me at maintaining and strength. I'm starting fresh again, 25lbs to go
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The only advice I can give is just start tracking your food, if you aren't and when I want to lose a little, I cut back my daily calories by 100 - 200 per day. It works. I also count NO exercise, it's just icing on the cake. I don't want MFP giving me more calories. :)

Make sense? Good luck, you can do this!
  • laurithern
    laurithern Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm three years out and gained 20 lbs. It's been a struggle and I never reached my goal. I want to lose 40 more lbs.. I stopped counting my food, stopped exercising and look where it got me. I need to get back into the new sleeve mindset. I'm back.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I dont know what you do or if your eating and exercise has stayed the same, but you can try to change things like eat a little more for a bit or try different exercise.

Another thing maybe that your body is happy were its at and that this is the ideal weight for your body, and you may pushing it to let go or more weight then it biologically and physiologically needs/ wants to. I have heard this happen to many people and sometimes there isnt much more you can do unless you start "dieting" (i.e. cutting calories) or if you havent been, then starting to exercise and burn calories.

I have'nt lost much the last few months (im a year out) and thought my eating has been bad I havent gain too much either. I wanted to go another 10 pounds, but at this time I'm tired of watching EVERY little thing that goes into my mouth so I think I'm ok stopping at the weight that my body chose and focus now on maintaining, since that IMO is the hardest part of all this.

Good luck with what you choose to do.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Three years out and couldn't get under 200 for six months. Went to the gym four times a week, logged everything. Didn't eyeball anything. Then I started indoor cycling. I lost 13 lbs in 12 weeks, and have now tapered off a little. I cycle four times a week and do weights three times a week. Love to sweat!! It's like my fat is crying.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I went through a stall at about that time. Since then I've readjusted the calories and added exercise other than walking and it's slow, but it is coming off. This far out I should be losing 1 pound per week. I'm luck to get half that, but again, the sizes are still going down and so is the scale so I really can't complein.

Also, I still weigh and measure everything, otherwise I find I am above the "portion" size. Still can't eyeball a portions correctly and I'm 2 years out.
  • Grandma42
    Grandma42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the posts. They make sense. I talked with my nutritionist and she said that after a couple of years our weight is pretty much where its going to be. But if I want to lose more I will need to do it much like a conventional diet. More exercise, portion control (yes our stomachs can grow-some) and watch the carbs. I am taking her advice and have seen a little weight loss. Now if I can remember to take my vitamins all will be good with the world. Thanks again
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am 1 month out and to see all of the success you ALL have had it inspires me!!

Thank you and keep up the good work. Remember this is not a diet but your lifestyle!:smooched:
  • Carollee57
    Carollee57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yup I've been stalled for months, I have a sedentary job and sometimes I work twelve hour shifts, money is short. I too am a single grandmom and used to spend alot of time babysitting as well. I tried to do the carb cycling thing and gained weight