Your Favorite Fall Fashion!!!

Options
It's funny cuz Fall is probably my favorite season clothes wise. Even though I got horribly overweight and wore things I probably shouldn't have... I always wore them the right way!!! AKA - Leggings are not pants!!! LOL

It actually go to a point where I was so big last Fall that it was no longer fun for me. This was part of my 'wake-up call' ... I couldn't wear my awesome white/black plaid coat... which is still my goal piece! I had to buy a coat in Plus size and that is what really made me think, "Ok, yeah, this is not good." My legs looked terrible in leggings... I couldn't fit my fat calves into riding boots - which I still haven't bought and realllllllllllly want... I was always wearing cardigans and sweaters to cover up...

But - still my favorite Fall things are...
1. BOOTS!!! I have always loved boots. I love looking at them online and in store, I love choosing them... I LOVE wearing them!!! I have no idea why they are so awesome, I can't resist boots. So my reward, hopefully Fall of next year... will be a tall pair of riding boots!
2. Leggings - cuz they are just so cool. People say fat chicks shouldn't wear them, but I say I can! The difference is I wear them properly and not as pants LOL. Always cover the butt! Please! Even if you are skinny! I read once this advice - would you wear tights without the rear covered? Cuz it is the same thing almost! I like the printed ones and solids.
3. Sweaters, especially long ones... to cover the butt!
4. Tunic tops.. again to cover the butt... these are hard for me to find. I am 5'8, so normal length are always too short for me! I have to order Talls from Old Navy online lol...
5. Accessories!!! Cute scarves... boot socks... I love them!!!

What do you enjoy? What do you look forward to wearing? Is there something you feel you 'can't wear' but want to as a goal? Post here!

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I cannot wait to wear my boots again!! I live in them during the fall and winter. Also love leggings of course and big, oversized sweaters. I also enjoy wearing beanies a lot. You just gotta be ready to wear it all day because of the hat hair, haha.
    I was just online yesterday and got some new boots that lace up in the back (decoratively) and some boyfriend jeans just because.
    Some leggings are better than others, you gotta get the thicker kind that won't show every little bump you got and will keep you warm. I agree, always cover the butt...I don't care how nice it is, lol.
    I feel pretty comfortable and confident in winter clothes. Stuff that shows more skin on the other hand... eh..
    Kitty you have made soooo much progress on MFP, and I'm sure you would look great wearing whatever you like just as you are.
  • CathyFullan150
    CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love my Irish sweaters. I have about 5, all in really nice colors. They are all cardigans, and there is nothing more cozy than wrapping myself up in something that came from the home of my ancestors. And boots... oh boots... I was cursed with gigantic calves (and cankles - what a joy), so I've never been able to wear boots. Even wide-calf boots don't fit me. Maybe if I get down to my goal weight I will try again, but what I wouldn't do to be able to wear a beautiful pair of boots!! I'll live vicariously through both of you, @KittyInBoots and @CoffeeNBooze !
  • Andersonhea
    Andersonhea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love boots too but my feet are weird because I have spent so much time in bare feet as a child. Now I have a hard time finding shoes/boots that I can wear comfortably all day. I think I am also developing a bunion on one foot. But I still live boots.
    Sweaters that cover my butt. Either pullover or cardigan style are fine with me.
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love long sleeve stuff, shirts,cardigans, tea shirts, think you get the picture. Feel better when covered ! Like you guys, love boots have a beautiful pair of ankle boots I love to wear them under trousers and jeans. The only thing I hate are coats
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Seems boots are the popular item here, haha!!!

I appreciate that, coffeenbooze, but I know deep down that I still would look way better if I could just get to a decent weight!

Oh, I know right! i read somewhere that investing in one pair of thicker leggings is much better than several cheap thin ones! I have seen females wearing those thin ones with the butt not covered - you can see their undies! They say to hold them up to light and if you see daylight through them, don't wear lol...

Coats are hard to shop for - the sizing seems diff than normal tops. Always something wrong. For me it's usually too short of sleeves, lol.
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always feel like Michelin man, or a stuffed spud in a coat. I have a thin Mac not to bad. But hopefully in 50 lbs time I'll find a coat and look ok!! :):) have a great weekend fit friends.