Low Carb Wraps

Options
mfr0125
mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
Any suggestions for store bought low carb wraps?
I have found Tumarino's low carb wraps in store, but very pricey?

Any recipes to make your own? Thank you.

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Use the leaves of Collard Greens (available at many grocery stores) as you "wrap." It's quick, easy, simple and you don't have to make it yourself. :)
  • mfr0125
    Options
    Great idea!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I do the same with Romaine lettuce leaves. Love it for lunch or a snack filled with cold cuts and cheese, egg or tuna salad, etc.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Use the leaves of Collard Greens (available at many grocery stores) as you "wrap." It's quick, easy, simple and you don't have to make it yourself. :)

There's one of those Pearls of Wisdom of which I spoke earlier. I love me some (cooked) collards but never thought of using A raw collard as a wrap. I'm not sure I would like the taste of using a whole one but they certainly are the right size, sturdy enough and pliable enough with the stem shaved/trimmed. Thanks for that idea. I'll definitely try it!
  • JTyler2016
    JTyler2016 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe I use to make my low carb wraps at home,

4 ounce (113 g) plain pork rinds, crushed (I use my ninja)
    ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
    ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
    4 ounces (113 g) cream cheese, softened
    3 large eggs, 3 egg whites
    ¾ cup (117.44 ml/ 170 g) water

Place the pork rinds in a food processor and process until they become a fine powder. Add the baking soda and salt and give it a little pulse to mix. Add the eggs and cheese and process until smooth and thick. Add the water and blend until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated. Pour into a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.

Preheat a large pan or pancake griddle over medium heat. When hot, oil the cooking surface and then using a ¼ cup measure, pour the batter onto the skillet and spread into a 5 inch circle with the back of a spoon. I dip my spoon in water to prevent it from sticking to the batter. Cook like you would a pancake.

Make sure to spread the batter with a wet spoon or you will end up with a thick pancake that will not serve well as a wrap. Thin the batter with a little more water if you notice it getting a little too thick to spread easily.

The original called for 6 whole eggs but it tasted too eggy for my tastes, but the way I make it turns out just as well, and my picky eater kids agree they are delicious.

Trace carbohydrates per wrap. Makes about 8-10 wraps.
  • mfr0125
    Options
    Thanks for recipe JTyler2016! I'm going to try it.