Buying new running shoes...

olymp1a
olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
My New Balance 890 are giving up on me and I'm thinking about Asics Gel Noosa. I've read rave reviews about these ones and wanted to try them. Anyone has experience with them?

Replies

• silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Not the Noosa model, but I have been using Asics for the last couple years and love them. I'm sure you know this, but make sure the design of the Noosa line matches to your running style.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    @olym1a - I use the Asics Gel Noosa and I love them. But @silverfiend is right... make sure they don't hurt your feet before you buy, and be careful building up mileage in them. Use them for shorter runs first to make sure they don't pinch. I bought a pair of their Gel Noosa 10's (I think it was 10s) without trying them on once (because I loved all their other ones), and they. sucked. They have been taken over by my Pyr's as chew toys, and I'm okay with that. I bought the next version, and they were awesome. Shoes can be hit or miss sometimes.

Sorry - I know I'm late to the party. Did you buy the shoes, and if so how did you like them?