Reacting to phent

Options
ronjsteele1
ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
I have determined that I am reacting to the new phentermine I got from Costco instead of my old pharmacy (it's a different brand). I am so frustrated. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and ask her if I bring in my bottle of full phent and give it to her if she'll write me a new script to take back to my old pharmacy. If she won't, then I have to stop this stuff. :-( She's a new to me doctor so I don't know if she'll do it. Crossing my fingers........

Replies

• Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is it just not decreasing your appetite? What seems different about it? I just took one out of the new Costco prescription this morning--too early to tell if I feel different yet, but I'm going to try to keep track.
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you @ronjsteele1! Keeping my fingers crossed as well!
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I seem to like the phen with the smaller blue dots better than the bigger blue dots. Not sure what manufacturer it is, but it's interesting!
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    I've been on this new stuff (KVK is the manufacturer) for two weeks. Since the beginning it has not suppressed my appetite at all. I have struggled the last two weeks to stay at maintenance for me. The other stuff NEVER constipated me, this stuff did right off the bat. The other stuff didn't make my hands shake hardly at all by night, this stuff makes my hands shake almost all day. I was able to really think through what to eat on the old stuff. Not this stuff. :-( A few days ago a rash showed up on my lower legs for no reason. I started researching and discovered it's a common side effect of phen. But I didn't have any side effects except dry mouth on the old one. We'll see what the doc says. She is not one to believe there will be a difference manufacturer to manufacturer so.....
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    Third day on the Costco prescription and there's definitely a difference. My appetite is not being suppressed and I'm sleepy! I haven't been sleepy for 4 months on my cvs prescription. I'm definitely going back to cvs next month. In the meantime I'm going to have to be really vigilant to keep losing.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    Sorry you're seeing the same thing I did @Nancyh59. It is frustrating!! The good news for me is my doctor had no issue with calling in the script to my old pharmacy. I told her I was having an allergic reaction to the filler in the Costco brand and she said, "yep, that happens." She also told me to tell my regular pharmacy so they never sub this brand for me. So I did! And they told me they never buy that brand but they will note it in my records just in case. So the good news is tomorrow I can pick up the better stuff and Lord willing, get back to "normal" on this stuff! This leg rash is AWFUL. :#
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    Got my new phent today. No reaction and the suppressed appetite has returned. Glory! I'm so glad to be back on this brand again.
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    Got my new phent today. No reaction and the suppressed appetite has returned. Glory! I'm so glad to be back on this brand again.

I'm glad your doctor didn't have an issue with calling in a new script! I don't think I was giving my new prescription a fair trial over the weekend--we were traveling and then sitting in a seminar most of the day on Saturday and Sunday, so those things probably contributed to my sleepiness and bad eating more than the new Phen not working. I've taken the costco stuff for 6 days now and I feel like I'm back in the routine of eating better and exercising. I do think though that I'll not fill next month's prescription at costco--I'll go back to CVS.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    CVS is my original pharmacy too and I'm glad I went back to them. I guess there's a reason Costco can sell theirs so cheap. My sister is a nurse and said they only have to have 70% of actual medication in the pill for it to be considered "equivalent" to the name brand. So cheaper brands tend to use less actual med.