09/17 Saturday Day 481

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning, Everyone! Since it's the weekend a lot of you may be going out to eat at a restaurant today. So let's keep that in mind and use it as the focus for today's challenge!

Today's Challenge:
Plan to start your next restaurant meal with a salad.

It doesn't have to be your entire meal. When asked for cottage cheese or something while your food is being made ask for a small salad instead.

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    I'll keep this in mind whether I eat out or not! I have salad veggies in my fridge right now!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,339 Member
    Appetizers can really sink your plans for a healthy meal. I love when there is an appetizer like CPK's Asparagus and Arugula Salad. House salads are often disappointing unless covered with high calorie dressing, but when they are the only option, I ask for dressing on the side and just add a bit. Next restaurant meal may be a while from now, but I'll be ready.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    I messed up big time on this! I did go out to eat, but ordered a pizza and no salad at all was eaten yesterday. When I go out to eat and am offered a side, or I just order a salad, I ask if there is some type of vinaigrette. Often times there is, and if not, I ask if they have oil and vinegar. Usually they do have one or the other, and will make the substitution. The vinaigrette is usually mainly oil & vinegar with some spices, and much less calories.