Podcasts

Options
KathySRW
KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
I work the later shift, here in the call center, this week, so I start at 10:00 am. This gives me plenty of time to put in an hour on the elliptical, in the free gym, here at work, first thing in the morning, before I get to comfortable or too busy.

My main motivation to do this, and to keep going when I’m tired, is that ‘s the only time I get to listen to Rob Paulson’s Talkin’ Toons, and Chris Hardwick the Nerdist podcasts on my Mp3 player! Listening to either one of these two gentlemen, and all their amazing guests, is always a great, positive way to start the day!

Do you have any podcasts you listen to when you work out or walk?

Replies

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Escape Pod - excellent Sci-fi short stories

Pseudopod - excellent horror stories

Tales to Terrify - another excellent horror story podcast

Clarkesworld - another excellent Sci-fi story podcast
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Escape Pod - excellent Sci-fi short stories

Pseudopod - excellent horror stories

Tales to Terrify - another excellent horror story podcast

Clarkesworld - another excellent Sci-fi story podcast

Escape and Psuedo are awesome.

Also:
    We're alive-Audiodrama
    Wierd Things (total nerd discussion at all times)
    Come Let me whisper- Horror
    The Truth
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I really love Adam Carolla's. I always loved him in everything, but I especially love him where he can be completely and totally honest. Even his home improvement podcast is entertaining. He also does one with Dr. Drew (since they're old buddies). I love it when a drunk story including Dr. Drew gets thrown in. I'd say it's along the lines of infotainment since they do a lot on current issues and stories, but it's always hilarious. Just don't fall off the elliptical if you start laughing.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i listen to mostly comics, when they have guests on that i enjoy or want to hear more about them. I don't listen to every show

Jay Mohr
    Chris Hardwick
    Marc Maron
    Bert Kreischer
    Greg Fitzsimmons
    Sklar Brothers
  • lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh, man! Do I listen to podcasts! I sit at a desk all day so my job basically pays me to listen to podcasts for 8 hours a day, while pretending to be productive. The Nerdist ones are great, especially You Made It Weird w/ Pete Holmes. Or I listen to The Joe Rogan Experience, Podcast Beyond! which is a Playstation podcast, The Duncan Trussell Family Hour, The Crabfeast, RISK!, ... I could probably go all day... but there are a bunch more.

OH! Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank!!!! ...almost forgot that one...
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Tend not to do the comic/comedian-type podcasts, haven't gotten into any that really pique my interest. I do some medical, cycling and soccer podcasts though to follow my other intetrests plus some of the TWIT.tv shows. For a take on current world events and mainstream media critiism though I listen to "the best podcast in the Universe" No Agenda. It's not for everyone, but it is...uh, errr..very unique.
  • pajouey79
    pajouey79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the Smartest Man in the World (Greg Proops) or Judge John Hodgeman. I also adore This American Life and Freakonomics Radio. I like to listen to them when the local talk radio gets too preachy.
  • KathySRW
    KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    All good suggestions, thanks. I prefer comic and humor podcasts as well. Today's was Chris Hardwick...interviewing Rob Paulson (and Maurice LaMarche) !
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "The Thrilling Adventure Hour" - best ever.

I also listen to the Nerdist (Chris Hardwick), Geeks Guide to the Galaxy, Naked Scientists, Knit One Geek Two, and several specific subject ones (Gardening, car care, yoga, carpentry)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I really love Adam Carolla's. I always loved him in everything, but I especially love him where he can be completely and totally honest. Even his home improvement podcast is entertaining. He also does one with Dr. Drew (since they're old buddies). I love it when a drunk story including Dr. Drew gets thrown in. I'd say it's along the lines of infotainment since they do a lot on current issues and stories, but it's always hilarious. Just don't fall off the elliptical if you start laughing.

love his podcasts too. i have to be careful when im lifting...dont want to start laughing with a bunch of weight over my head.

also i listen to The Nerdist if it has a good guest(like Whedon this week) but Hardwick is hard to listen to. he is so full of himself and makes too much of the podcast about him and not his guest.

some of my favorites are Freakanomics, Planet Money and Star Talk.
  • Routerninja
    Routerninja Posts: 201
    Options
    Smodcast
    Nerdist
    Netheads
    WTF
    Hollywood Babble-On
    Mohr Stories

Those are my morning commute go-tos.