Week 25 Daily Check-In Thread for (Monday September 19th through Sunday September 25th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Ok I have to get myself back in it this week! 6 Week 6 Pack I am coming for you!

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to be starting a new week. Not because my weekend was so bad and I need a do-over; but I think I really did pretty well and I want to continue that into this week.

Yesterday I got in 22g of fiber! yea me! I had forgotten how good fresh fruits are. I had fresh pineapple yesterday and just now for breakfast. Oh, yum! I also had an apple with no p.b. It was crisp, sweet and juicy...delicious. It just makes me sad that fresh fruits are so dang expensive.

off topic: My daughter had to make a dish for her Spanish class culture day, so we chose to make a pineapple, peach and mango salsa. All the ingredients with the fresh produce came to $20!!! yikes. It was really tasty with the mix of fruits with tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro. Interesting combo, and healthy too. BUT, she texted me and said she took the dish to her spanish class to drop it off (she doesn't have it until almost the end of the day), and her teacher made a snide comment about her bringing in salsa. What a douche. He has no idea how long it took to put that dish together (A LOT of chopping), and not to mention the cost. And it's not "just" salsa. It's a very interesting version of it, that I bet most of the kids have never tried before. I'm a little angry...can you tell? lol

I'm going to do my best to have a good week, but I need to just focus on one day at a time. Oh! My doctor's nurse told me on 2 separate visits to take cinnamon supplements as a natural way to help reduce glucose levels. Apparently, it lowers blood sugars in type 2 people when taken regularly. Of course, not to replace regular medicine for me, but it is supposed to be a very good enhancer. I started this morning.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Pump it up, girlie! @heatherc369 and welcome back!! Heheh
    @AZLisaLou the salsa sounds delicious!! Stupid teacher, he doesn't appreciate that it's creative and healthy!!! Plus yes, it takes a lot of time to chop! I'm mad at him right with you!!!!
    I had a great morning so far! Got to my spin class and then decided to move on to a barbell ckass, because, why not!!! Almost 900 calories gone.... now I better not eat them right back, hahaha
    Hoping to have a couple of good workout days this week!!!!
    Have a great day girls!!
    @Kerryatoon dang it girl, you keep hiding from us!!!! We miss ya!!!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I surpassed my step and water goal, ate within my calories and did my usual 10 set of each : (20) Squats (12) Lunges (100) Calf Raises and restarted 6 week 6 pack....Week 1 Level 1 Day 1 (again lol) #goals #6pack #abs #UnderConstructuon #JillianMichaels #6week6pack #WontQuitTilImFit #fitchick #fitness #weightloss #iwantmybodyback #nomorefat #MFP #dedication #commitment #dontwishforitworkforit #determination #timetotone #weightlossjourney #weightlosstransformation #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #workinprogress #showmetheguns
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Got to my spin class and it included some resistance bands... but but but, I am so sore from yesterday, it hurt... my ego!! Hahaha
    Plenty of water, calories in track! I tried the peanut butter with apple that you like @AZLisaLou ! Yummy snack!!
    Now just sitting at soccer practice for three hours, I really should remember to bring my tennis shoes and walk some, but it's so darned hot!!!! Hehe
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I surpassed water goal , my step goal was a joke , I had to train someone at work today so I was stuck at my desk all day :( I ate within my calories and didn't get to do ANY of my usual 10 set of each : (20) Squats (12) Lunges (100) Calf Raises BUT I did do 6 week 6 pack....Week 1 Level 1 Day 2 (again lol) #goals #6pack #abs #UnderConstructuon #JillianMichaels #6week6pack #WontQuitTilImFit #fitchick #fitness #weightloss #iwantmybodyback #nomorefat #MFP #dedication #commitment #dontwishforitworkforit #determination #timetotone #weightlossjourney #weightlosstransformation #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #workinprogress #showmetheguns
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @NadiaMayl glad you liked the apple and peanut butter idea. you're doing great even though you're sore. Way to persevere!

@heatherc369 Sorry you were stuck at a desk all day doing training. That sure does shoot down a 10k step goal quick! Good job on the water, calories and 6 week 6 pack!

My day started off on a bad note. :( Last night my daughter brought home a loaf of banana bread that she baked at her boyfriend's house. I had a small slice this morning. Since I didn't bake it, I couldn't calculate the exact numbers, but I chose an option on the list that was in line with the others. Nearly 400 calories! Something like 70 carbs!!!!! :s 2 hours after I ate that my blood sugar reading was over 200!!! yikes. My day has been downhill from there. I'm going to try to stop the bleeding and be sensible the rest of the day. I don't know about you, but for me starting off on the wrong foot derails me.

On a good note, this morning I was down a lb. :) Usually when I see a new number it fluctuates back up for a few days and then goes down again for good. So if it's up a little tomorrow I'm not going to sweat it. It's always fun and exciting to see a new number!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    After the rough morning I had with the calories and carbs, I knew I had to do better for dinner. I made the family whole wheat pasta (because I didn't feel like cooking!), but knew the carbs wouldn't be good. My daughter's boyfriend's mother sent over a container of taco soup yesterday. Perfect! It's low carb, low cal...I even added some extra mixed veggies for good measure. Topped it with a little cheese and a dollop of sour cream and I'm more than satisfied with it. Unfortunately, I don't know the calories, carbs, fat, protein, etc., so I'm not going to bother to try to log it. I just know that today was a bust and tomorrow will be better....with no banana bread to derail me! :)
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Always the chance for a better day!!! I ended the day flipping... hahaha opposite from yours. I had a school gathering (social) that I had not planned on attending because kids, soccer, husbandless. However rain cancelled soccer so I was able to sneak out for an hour ..., but I hadn't had dinner..... bad, I munched on a few crackers with cheese and a gooey chipotle type mayo dressing which probably means 300 calories per bite!!! 2 glasses of wine and at the end I walked out with a slice of Trader Joe's pumpkin danish Kringle. Bbbajahahaha ig well!!!! So much for making good choices...
    tomorrow is another day!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @NadiaMayl I don't do well with unplanned stops either. Making good choices at social events is darned near impossible. Let's both have a better day Wednesday.

Just a thought...I bet a lot of MFP'ers are diabetic. Given that it's a calorie counting site there's probably a lot of overweight people on here who have developed it or are in the pre-diabetic stage. I really wish there was a page where I could record my glucose readings since it's so closely related to my diet and losing weight. It would be cool to have something like that and to be able to find weekly, daily, monthly averages with the click of a button.
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @AZLisaLou if you go to community and hit search, a quick search under 'diabetes groups' popped 2-3 different support groups.... Maybe give that a try with different search words? It's necessary to find a few peeps with similar challenges to exchange ideas and rants!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @AZLisaLou I give you props girl, you are battling several issues it seems and you are owning up and being accountable, that is a great start! Do not let one little thing throw you off! I did that for sooooo many years....they say each day is a new day....but also each meal is a new meal and a chance to make better choices <3

@NadiaMayI I hate half a box of peanut butter bears I bought from my stepsons fundraiser last night at about 9pm :( Didnt even want to look at the cals, glad hubby was there to eat the other half lol
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    damned soda. :s
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Danged crispy chicken tacos! Hahaha homemade but deliciously fried! :/ I seriously think I can't be a responsible adult without the husband around!!! Hahaha
    I'm good, I'm good!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    omg I have to share! A normal glucose reading for 1st thing in the morning is 110 or less. 2 hours after a meal a normal reading is 160 or less. Get this. 2 hours after lunch my reading was a freaking 102!!!!! holy cow I'm excited. Now if I could just get them to stay there.

For lunch I had an apple, peanut butter and a Chobani Greek yogurt. That's pretty good and healthy, right? And for breakfast I just had an Atkins shake with milk. So my day is going good so far. And only a few sips of soda. Let's see if I can keep this going.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    The last time we had Panda Express for take out night, I said I can't have it anymore because of what it did to my glucose levels (skyrocketed for a long time!!!) I usually have orange chicken which is nothing but chicken drowning in sugary syrup. So tonight I opted for the Shanghai Beef, which is cooked with green beans, onions and mushrooms. I did still get the chow mein, but I was only willing to change one thing at a time. The beef was delicious! Now to wait 2 hours to see what my blood sugar is doing.

How are the rest of you doing today?
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Wwwooohhhoooo congrats on the awesome sugar readings, that rocks!!!! Remember the wins and great achievements!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Hehehe, my day could've been better! Definitely could've been better... But we're all home, with prescription for ear infection for kid #1, heat pad for back muscle pulled for this lady! Kids sleeping, and I. Relaxing to close the day! Stayed within calories, drank plenty of water, did my spin class, and survived the day I didn't feel like doing the 'adulting' thing! Hehehe
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Goin through some stuff, my kid is an *kitten* thats all I have to say! Getting my steps and water in and eating decent.....workouts not so much :(
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Sorry to hear, girlie @heatherc369 !! Kids are *kittens* but they start getting better around age 10-11! They get more of the 'be my teammate' when it's needed! My youngest just seems to be going through a developmental stage and he's getting more rational and enjoyable!!!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @NadiaMayl I can't wait! This 7 years old is running me through the wringer !! Lol