FitBit & MFP stopped syncing & won't reconnect

Options
The last time a successful sync happened looks like it was around 5:30 this morning. Thinking that something happened with my connection, I disconnected in MFP and revoked access in Fitbit. Now, when I try to reconnect them, I get an error saying "Access token request failed." I'm not sure if this is a FitBit or an MFP problem, but it appears that something is amiss. :(

Replies

• Gaets
    Gaets Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Happen to me also..very frustrating. ..hope we have an answer how to remedy this situation..
  • Gaets
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    There is an issue, they are working on it. That's all the info the admins have given so far

Thanks!
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    There is an issue, they are working on it. That's all the info the admins have given so far

Thank you! :)
  • Gaets
    Options
  • mom2natalie
    mom2natalie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the same error as well.
  • Fesanso
    Fesanso Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks. I'm having the same problem with Fitbit app not reconnecting.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hopefully it'll be fixed before dinner so I know how much I can eat :)
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    angerelle wrote: »

Thanks! I wish I had seen that before trying to unlink/relink! LOL
  • barrianne
    barrianne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just got this from Fitbit on Twitter:
    Fitbit Support

@FitbitSupport
    Sep 19

@barrianne Thanks for contacting us. We're aware of this issue. Please visit: myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/porta… for more information.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    angerelle wrote: »

Thanks! I wish I had seen that before trying to unlink/relink! LOL

Same here. =(
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awwww man. Wish I'd known that that was a problem before having a "naughty" dinner. I'd earned it with my walking,but now it looks like I went 300 calories over my daily limit!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Super glad I saw this thread, and that I recently took stock of steps and active minutes versus earned exercise cals. Figure I can stay on track ok
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegangem86 wrote: »
    Awwww man. Wish I'd known that that was a problem before having a "naughty" dinner. I'd earned it with my walking,but now it looks like I went 300 calories over my daily limit!

What I'm doing is manually subtracting the food calories I've entered in MFP from the calories "Left to Eat" in Fitbit. Not ideal, but at least I'll have a feel for how much I can eat.

I do hope they fix it quickly. It's more broken than the usual outage, when food at least goes from MFP to Fitbit.
  • Cassieabc
    Cassieabc Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Been having problems as well.
  • 502Monica
    502Monica Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same here, problems are annoying but happy it's not just me.
  • tinaramsey1975
    tinaramsey1975 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting an error message, for me it's just not syncing.
  • feltham921
    feltham921 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @Myfitnesspal You may be aware that there is an issue however, this is beginning to be a bit of a common trend and it's becoming more annoying since I am paying a premium subscription. Why is it that apps like STRAVA can link with fitbit an I have never had any sync issues.

When this finally get fixed and I am assuming that it won't be until Tuesday, I won't be able to sync todays activities. Its just not good enough.
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It says all functionality is restored now. I was able to activate my fitbit app (I had uninstalled before I saw the thread not to). My food went to FitBit but as of now, my exercise still isn't going to MFP. It has been "hinky" as of late. I don't recall having this many problems with sync between the two in a very long time!