OWN it October!

Options
MsMarlaJean
MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
Just wanting to get back into the swing of things now that my wedding day has passed and I know those of you that have your wedding day coming up may appreciate these incentives I know I did!

It's time to Own up to your not so great choices and make better ones! Think about where you want to be. Think about what it will take to get there. Think about the choices you are making that are holding you back. Now OWN it and move forward with a new plan that you also OWN!

My goals for October are pretty simple in order to get me back into the healthier habits I had before my wedding:

1-I'm going to up my calories to 1400 and focus on pre-planning my menus again.
2-I'm going to workout 25 out of the 31 days in October. I will make 20 of those 45 minute workouts and 5 of them 30 minute workouts.
3-I'm going to weigh in every Wednesday for the entire month of October.

What goals do you have for October?

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marla Jean! I've been trying to get back into things and could use an Own-It October. I've been struggling just to make myself care about my health.

Goals:
    • Workout at least 4 days/week with at least 2 days of lifting. (I've re-started C25K and Stronglifts 5x5 so trying to progress on both of those; stretch goal would be for 3 workout 5 days/week with 3 days of lifting, but I'm going to start with baby steps).
    • Log consistently at least 5/7 days/week and stay under 1500 calories
    • Weigh in every Thursday

SW (Sep 29): 164.6 :-1:
    W1 (Oct 6):
    W2 (Oct 13):
    W3 (Oct 20):
    W4 (Oct 27): [Goal: <160.0]
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Ok starting day one! current weight is up about 7-8 pounds from the wedding in just 3 weeks! AHHHH!!! 167.8
    I also took my measurements, but I won't post those, I'll take them again at the end of the month and post if there are any changes. :blush:
    Going to work on the new house, but I have my 30 day shred with me so I can take 25 minutes to do that with an extra 5 minutes strech afterwards to get my 30 minutes in today.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Ummm...got lots done at the house, but didn't do the shred until today, so I guess I switched my rest day for this week :blush:
    I ate HORRIBLY yesterday and made some really bad choices and am not even sure I logged everything, but at least I did log!
    Today I started out with Pizza for brekkie, but then made some slightly better choices and got my workout in! now off to shower and bed!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Great job not letting some bad choices on Saturday derail you and getting back on track Sunday. I was probably a bit over both days, but got a good workout in Saturday and planning to hit gym after work today (been pretty good using gym at work). I've been craving Chinese and finally caved and bought a bunch Friday, but after my initial splurge Friday, I've been measuring to keep things in check. However, I'm sure my weight will be a bit high with all the sodium. Hope the house is coming along and married life is treating you well.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Thanks @brisingr86, sometimes that's the hardest thing to do! did you make it to the gym? I know how it is when craving Chinese food, I don't all that often but sometimes and for me it's better just to get some to curb the craving, my problem is you have to get so much and once the craving is satisfied there is so much left over and all that rice goes to waste because my Husband (:love: Love typing that now!) won't eat rice of any kind! :lol:

I'm making some better choices, getting back to planning things out a little at least a couple meals in advance, but sure having a hard time reaching my water goal, which I think is weird.
    I completed my 2nd day of level 1 of the 30 day shred and while I am not as sore as I have been in the past when doing it, I can definitely FEEL it! UGH! I'll do day 3 tonight and then tomorrow will be strictly cardio (probably on my trusty elliptical) then two more days of level 1 when I'll switch to level 2, it usually takes me longer than 30 days to do the 30 day shred because I sometimes only do it 5 days a week.

Ok, have a GREAT day!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Did not go to gym :( Ended up working until 7:30 and then really wanted to be home since I'd promised my husband (I know what you mean ;) and mine doesn't like rice either) we could order pizza (he could eat it multiple times a week, I'm not that big a fan) to watch the football game together ( our teams were playing; we have different allegiances for most pro sports since we grew up in different states). I was planning to go tonight, but not sure since I still have a good chunk of work to do and need to get home to help load up the new china hutch that was delivered this morning. Will see. Especially since tomorrow will be my last chance. Thursday I made a commitment to go out with MIL and SIL. Friday-Sunday hubby and I are at comic con. Hopefully a fair amount of walking, but probably won't be going for proper workouts. On the plus side, I'm not doing too bad on calories (I don't think), but haven't checked the scale recently. Not a great start, but plenty of room for improvement.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Not entirely sure how, but I will take it!

W1 (Oct 6):161.4 :o loss of 3.2lbs
    W2 (Oct 13):
    W3 (Oct 20):
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Still not really following goals of workouts or logging as well as I should, especially in the evening (I preplan/log, but that's not been what I eat when I actually get there), but I guess I'm controlling diet enough to keep things moving (for now).

W2 (Oct 13):160.0 loss of 1.4 lbs
    W3 (Oct 20):

Now the trick is not to get overly confident/comfortable that the scale will keep moving without me improving my habits, but hoping to achieve goal.

Marla Jean, how are you doing? Have you been able to stick with 30 day Shred? Is it getting easier? Hope all is well.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    W2 (Oct 13):160.0 loss of 1.4 lbs
    W3 (Oct 20): no weight
    W4 (Oct 27): no weight [Goal: <160.0]
    - Oct 28: 159.6

Complete failure on other goals and didn't weigh yesterday, but achieved goal as of today so I'm going to call it a win.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    UGH! sorry I disappeared again!

I did horribly in October and then the honeymoon blew it all out of the water!! I am also struggling because MFP is no longer updating or anything with the app for my phone and for logging that makes it hard for me...so I'm thinking I will be stepping away from MFP and finding another site that is compatible with my Windows phone...

I'm going to keep my profile for now, but sadly I am probably not going to be around much.

I wish you ALL THE BEST of luck on your goals and all the best to you all in your marriages and if my new site doesn't work out as well as I hope and I end up getting a new phone or something like that I will be back!

Take care!
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ladies!!!!!

I have fallen off the wagon big time since being married - I have taken it as an excuse to eat and drink whatever I want!!!

I also have had 8 weeks off due to a broken hand :( So I was feeling sad and sorry for myself.

But back in the game , and tracking my food and trying to add exercise back in but a bit hard as hand still healing.

I am doing a combination of cleaning eating and LCHF diet.